Coach Access: One-on-One Learning for Artists – Fall 2017
August 24 - September 29$20
Creative Manitoba is proud to offer our members and 245 McDermot tenants the chance to participate in our Coach Access Program for Fall 2017! This new round of Coach Access Programs provides you with access to professionals to receive personalized, one-on-one coaching in the following areas:
- Grant writing with Bev Pike (Thursday, August 24, 1-6 p.m.)
- Social Media with Heidi Hunter (Wednesday, Sept 13, 1-6 p.m.)
- Headshots and Photography with Leif Norman (Tuesday, Sept 19, 1-5:30 p.m.)
- Creative Career Counselling with Jessica Watson (Friday, Sept 29, 1-6 p.m.)
Coach bios and their areas of expertise can be found below, along with specific dates and times. The cost is $20 for 30 minutes or $30 for 60 minutes.
If you would like to register for a session or if you have any questions, please contact Aaron Zeghers at: 204-927-2787 or firstname.lastname@example.org
COACH ACCESS OPPORTUNITIES | FALL 2017
Grant Writing with Bev Pike
Thursday, August 24, 1-6 p.m.
Thinking of applying to the Manitoba Arts Council, Winnipeg Arts Council or any other granting organizations this fall? Well make sure to sign up for a quick one-on-one coach access session with Bev Pike and talk about grant writing strategies or review your partially written grant! Bev Pike has raised millions of dollars in art funding as a grant writer for artists and organizations since 1984. As an artist, she has received senior arts grants from the Winnipeg Arts Council, Manitoba Arts Council and Canada Council. Pike is known for her large-scale land-form paintings, her videos and her artist-books that have been shown across Canada in solo and group exhibitions.
Areas of expertise:
- Grant writing
- Funding agencies (WAC, MAC, CCA, etc)
- Artist statements, Bios, CVs
- Writing advice/formatting
Social Networking with Heidi Hunter
Wednesday, September 13, 1-6 p.m.
Heidi Hunter runs with scissors. Shifting from an international career as a mime, she has found her voice creating visual theatre where her art studio is now the stage. There, her hands dance with fabric, and her heart sings in colour. Her stunning, award-winning art quilts will warm your walls, as do her luxurious hand-dyed wearables long to drape over your shoulders. An “artist’s artist”, Heidi is a gifted and experienced teacher, and a forever student. Driven by colour and obsessed with her love/hate relationship with the creative process, Heidi lives to dye…and dies to quilt.
Areas of expertise:
- Social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest)
- Social media for businesses
- Technical workings (settings, privacy)
- Do’s and don’ts of social media
- Social media as an extension of your art
- Making connections with new audiences
Headshots & Photography w/ Leif Norman
Tuesday, September 19, 1-5:30 p.m.
**PLEASE NOTE**: Included in this coaching session the participant will get a complimentary headshot in addition to being able to consult with Leif. Therefore, this coaching session ONLY costs $50 for the half-hour.
Leif Norman is an all-purpose commercial photographer for Winnipeg’s Arts and Culture scene. He shoots portraits and headshots; dance and theatre; festivals and events. He is also the executive director of Winnipeg’s Flash Photographic Festival.
Areas of expertise:
- Online platforms (Instagram/Tumblr/Flickr)
- Software (Photoshop/Lightroom/etc.)
Creative Career Coaching w/ Jessica Watson
Friday, September 29, 1-6 p.m.
Jessica coaches smart, creatives to tune into their own intuitive impulses and bypass the voice of fear and self-doubt so they can perform at their highest potential. She has empowered organizations, teams and individuals to remove barriers and create their own best solutions. Coaching with Jessica will help you gain clarity, build confidence, and find the focus and direction that is right for you and your team.
- Overcoming anxiety
- Stress management
- Coaxing out creativity
If you would like to register for a session or if you have any questions, please contact Aaron Zeghers directly at: 204-927-2787 or email@example.com.
Cancellation, rescheduling and substitutions policy for coaching sessions
- A minimum of 3 days’ advance notice is required to cancel a coaching session without penalty.
- When notice has been received to cancel a coaching session at least 3 days in advance, the session will be rescheduled or refunded. Rescheduling is subject to coach availability and is at the discretion of the coach.
- Exceptional circumstances such as sudden illness or family emergencies may be considered for cancellations. Proof may be required.
- Substitutions may be allowed for regularly scheduled coaching sessions. Please check with the coach first. Some exceptions may apply for funded program participants.
- Creative Manitoba reserves the right to make final decisions regarding cancellations, rescheduling and substitutions.