COVID 19 policies and procedures
During the COVID Pandemic, Creative Manitoba will follow the Province of Manitoba Medical Guidelines, including staying home when sick, maintaining distance in all of our working spaces, and frequent hand washing. The health of our staff, instructors, and program participants are of critical importance.
At this current time, the CM offices are closed to the public, and only registered participants are allowed access to our class or board room spaces.
At this time, masks are not mandated within our classroom spaces where social distancing is possible. We ask that people wear masks when entering the building, using washrooms or other common areas, and are not able to maintain a 2 metre distance. Masks must be worn in a manner that covers their mouth, nose, and chin without gaping.
All program participants must self-screen prior to entering CM spaces.
Please stay home if:
- are feeling sick or demonstrating any COVID like symptoms,
- have travelled outside of Manitoba within the past 14 days,
- or have had recent contact with anyone who may have been exposed to COVID.
Hand Sanitizer and Cleaning Protocols
Hand sanitizer will be available in the classroom. Program participants are encouraged to use it. Creative Manitoba staff will ensure the classroom is properly sanitized prior to the start of class. It is up to the participants to observe social distancing, hand washing, etc. We also ask that participants use the disinfectant sprays available to disinfect common touchpoints such as doorknobs, and washroom fixtures after use.
The Classrooms will be set up to accommodate social distances of 2 metres. Program participants should not move desks or other furniture in a way that may compromise the social distancing. Program participants are asked to maintain 2 metre distance from other participants, staff, and instructors at all times including entering or exiting classrooms or the building. If maintaining an appropriate social distance is not possible, masks should be worn.
In-Person versus Virtual programming
Creative Manitoba will make best efforts to deliver specific programs in-person but reserves the right to move that in-person program to a virtual space if the risk or Provincial Guidelines mandate such a change.
If a person is found to be violating the social distancing/hand washing protocols, Creative Manitoba reserves the right to deny access to in-person training to that individual.
Creative Manitoba programs will likely be a blend of virtual/online training combined with some in-person or virtual group meetings. Creative Manitoba reserves the right to determine which delivery medium is appropriate at any given time.
Creative Manitoba reserves the right to cancel or postpone any event where a minimum registration level has not been met. Participants registered for an event that is cancelled by Creative Manitoba will receive a full refund.
Creative Manitoba reserves the right to change in-person events to virtual events if the COVID risk is deemed to be too great for in-person events. Participants will be allowed an option to continue on in a virtual setting or leave the program and receive a pro-rated refund.
Registrants may cancel up to one week before the event to receive a full refund. No refunds will be issued to registrants who cancel within one week of the event start date. No refunds will be issued for registrants who do not attend.
If you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms, DO NOT attend in-person workshops. Refunds will be given to anyone who cannot attend a workshop due to illness.
Substitute participants are allowed in most cases, but not all. Please check with us ahead of time if you wish to send a substitute participant by calling 204-927-2787.
Safe Space Policy
It is our intent that Creative Manitoba programs and events foster a supportive, nonthreatening environment for everyone to participate and share in – regardless of gender, ability, ethnicity, or cultural differences. We ask that you please be welcoming and respectful of world views that differ from your own.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely for fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other ancillary purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by using reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
- We will make information about our privacy policies and procedures readily available to our members, especially as it relates to any of their own personal information that we may retain.
- We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.