- This event has passed.
The ABCs of Minute Taking
Good meeting minutes demonstrate the due diligence of your board and committees and protect your organization. Writing minutes for your board meetings can be a daunting task, especially if there has been no training to do so. The job can be difficult. Hitting the balance between too much and too little information is just one of the many challenges. Good training can help!
United Way’s Learning Centre is delighted to partner with PRAXIS Conflict Consulting on a workshop to build more efficient and effective minute-takers! Join Priti Shah of PRAXIS Conflict Consulting at United Way’s Learning Centre on Monday, September 18, 2017 for this full day workshop beginning at 9:00 a.m. and ending at 4:00 p.m. Registration is $135 per person, which includes snacks and a light lunch.
If cost is a barrier to participation, please call Tamara Ingrilli at 204-924-4242 or email email@example.com.
This workshop will help you (or your staff) perform the role of minute taking more effectively and efficiently. Participants in The ABC’s of Minute Taking will gain knowledge in the following areas:
- Understand why we take minutes;
- Learn steps for preparing minutes;
- Understand the distinction between minute taking versus minute writing;
- Learn how to set up the meeting for success;
- Identify qualities of good minutes and how to get them;
- Sample old style minutes;
- Sample new style minutes;
- Develop a meeting minutes template;
- Learn how to fix errors;
- Identify what to do if you are confused at a meeting;
- Understand the handling of confidential matters;
- Be able to developing an Action Plan.
For more information and to register, please click here.
Participation is limited to 22 people, so register today to guarantee your spot!