Basic Filmmaking Class
September 26 - October 29$460
The Basic Filmmaking Workshop is a series of workshops held over a 8 week period during evenings (Tuesday and Thursday) and some weekends, and provides an intensive introduction to independent filmmaking. All steps and processes are covered from creative conception to the final cut – including the basics of screenwriting, directing, camera operation, lighting, sound and film editing.
During the course, the participants will be exposed to the process of shooting and editing a short film and short video. Each participant will have the opportunity to shoot their own short script and two scripts will be chosen to be shot on the 4K Red One Camera & 4k Sony FS7 Camera.
- Screenwriting: September 26th (7pm-10pm) Media Lab
- Directing: September 28th (7pm-10pm) Media Lab
- Cinematography Part 1: October 4th (7pm-10pm) Black Lodge
- Cinematography Part 2: October 5th (7pm – 10pm) Black Lodge
- Lighting: October 11th (7pm – 10pm) Black Lodge
- Sound: October 12th (7pm-10pm) Black Lodge
- Editing Workshop: October 17th (7pm-10pm) Media Lab
- Production Meeting: October 19th (7pm-10pm) Media Lab
- Canon 7D Shoot Day: October 21st (9:30am-4pm) All around
- Sony FS7 & Red One Shoot: October 22nd (9:30am-4pm) TBD
- Make up Day Shoot: October 25th (6pm-10pm) (TENTATIVE) TBD
- Editing Lab: October 28th & 29th (10AM – 2PM) Media Lab
There are only 10 spots available for this workshop. Registration fees include free WFG general membership.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice Given: Eligible for:
At least 15 days prior to start date Full refund
15 days to 10 days prior to start date Full refund less 20% administration fee
Less than 10 days prior to start date No refund
-The Winnipeg Film Group reserves the right to cancel any course where the minimum registration has not been met. Anyone registered for a course that has been cancelled is eligible for a full refund, Cancelled course fees may also be used towards any other Winnipeg Film Group training programs.