‘Creative Technique’ workshops provide a space for amateur and trained artists alike to develop their artistic process as well as opportunity to explore different medium’s capacities.
A workshop facilitator is knowledgeable and experienced in the technique (materials, tools, applications) being presented. They maintain confidence and comfort speaking and demonstrating the technique to a small group, as well as facilitating their exploration of a specific medium. Emphasis of the instruction is to remain on learning and exploration of the process, not the final product. A workshop facilitator should be excellent at working with diverse groups and creating a safe, inclusive, empowering space.
Categories of ‘Creative Technique” Workshops:
- Drawing (sketching, graphite, conté, pastel, ink, design principles)
- Painting (acrylic, watercolour, gouache, encaustic, etc.)
- Sculpture (woodcarving, clay, mosaic, jewellery, plaster, etc.)
- Printmaking (linocut, mono-print, stencilling, masking, etc.)
- Textiles (felting, weaving, dying, batik, sewing, etc.)
- Design Principles, Elements of Art, Photography, etc.
Workshops are scheduled Tuesday through Friday, 1:00pm-3:00pm. Single session or multi-part series can be implemented, dependent on availability.
For further information or to apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV / portfolio of work.
About Studio Central
Studio Central is an Urban Arts Centre and a project of Artbeat Studio. It offers barrier-free adult programming to the Downtown Community of Winnipeg. Daily workshops (Tues-Fri between 1-3 PM) aim to facilitate the production of art as a means of inspiring personal passion, connecting diverse groups, and serving as a catalyzing symbol of the people as a community.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.