Website NorWest Co-op
deadline: December 31, 2019
- Help to organize and keep track of beads and supplies so that they are accessible to all participants
- Demonstrate basic, simple traditional beading techniques and patterns to program participants
- Provide gentle assistance and guidance to participants as they are working on beading projects
- Demonstrate patience, kindness and a sense of humour when volunteering with community members
- Help to foster a safe, inclusive and positive learning environment
- Follow staff directions to ensure that the program and supplies are accessible to all community members
- Knowledge of traditional beading techniques and patterns
- Knowledge of Indigenous culture
- Ability to explain and teach traditional beading
- Maintain confidentiality and have clear boundaries
NorWest will provide a letter of reference, training, and supervision.
NorWest Co-op Community Health Centre has served the Inkster community in northwest Winnipeg since 1972. NorWest is a forerunner in taking a multi-service, holistic, team approach to health care. We provide a wide range of health related services including medical care, counseling, education and community outreach.
To apply for this job please visit norwestcoop.ca.