Website WFG | IATSE 856
Deadline: December 31, 2021 at 12:00pm
WFG | IATSE 856 BIPOC Artist’s Film Fund is a production fund and mentorship to help support emerging BIPOC filmmakers to create a new short film.
With this fund, the recipient will receive:
- $10,000 in cash
- $2,000 in WFG services (can be applied to gear, editing suite and studio rentals)
- General WFG Membership + Production Add-On (valued at $127)
- Free access to 2 WFG workshops anytime up to 1 year after being awarded
- Free access to 2 IATSE 856 workshops anytime up to 1 year after being awarded
- Access to all of the networking and industry connection opportunities afforded by WFG, IATSE 856 Local
- A screening of their funded film at the Cinematheque and online through Cinematheque at Home
- Person who self-identifies as Indigenous or is from a diverse cultural background*
- Over 18 years of age or older
- Manitoba resident or have their permanent residency for at least six months prior to the application deadline
- A novice or beginner filmmaker with little or no previous film or video work
- Applicants can hold this award concurrent with a Production Fund and/or Marketing Fund Award.
- The independent work must not be a student project, assignment or activity issued by a teacher or professor from a University, College or other preparatory related school.
*For the purposes of this program, Indigenous peoples include Status, Non-Status, Métis and Inuit people; ‘diverse cultural background’ refers to persons of African, Asian, Latin American or Middle Eastern origin.
The award will be adjudicated by a peer assessment committee made up solely of practicing BIPOC artists and arts professionals. Interested Manitoba filmmakers are invited to apply with the following submission documents:
- A letter of intent, describing the proposed film or video concept (up to 2 pages max)
- A paragraph describing how this project will contribute to your artistic aspirations (1 or 2 paragraphs)
- Applicant’s resume (up to 3 pages max)
- Letter of recommendation from someone who supports your film project (up to 750 words max)
- Schedule of Major Activities (1 page max)
- Proposed Balanced Budget (1 page max)
- Recommendations for a local BIPOC filmmaker mentor you’d like to work with
Applications can be submitted in French
Deadline to apply is December 31, 2021 at 12:00pm.
To apply for this job please visit www.jotform.com.