The Art Director maintains and grows a client’s brand with the agency on an ongoing and project basis. They execute the day-to-day agency creative efforts on behalf of the client’s product and/or service on assigned accounts, typically working closely with other team members. In this role, the Art Director insures that the agency provides:
- Sound and responsible marketing counseling and planning.
- Conceptual creation of ideas spanning all areas of integrated communication, branding and interactive programs.
- Proper and innovative execution of work in all areas on schedule.
- Deliver a consistently superior creative product.
- Innovative solutions and experiences.
The Art Director’s position requires ongoing and in-depth interactions with the following:
Internal: The Art Director reports to the Executive Creative Director. As assigned, the Art Director has overall responsibility for creating conceptual and art direction for the client creative effort. Within the agency, the Art Director works closely with all agency personnel in developing and executing deliverables.
External: The Art Director will have direct client contact with assigned agency clients. Must be an excellent pitch person, with great written and oral communication skills.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Art Director has four areas of responsibility (specific duties of each are explained below)
Planning, Analyzing, Evaluating
- Develop workable budgets, work plans and realistic timetables.
- Collaborates with other creatives, design, broadcast, print or interactive production on preparation of marketing concepts and work for the client.
- Provide client platform / business updates on a regular basis to demonstrate upcoming opportunities and threats to their business. Understands best practices.
- Comfortable in guiding and creating work with peers.
Team Leading, Coordinating, Managing
- Provides art direction leadership within the agency on behalf of the client.
- Monitors their own budget, research and creative activity.
- Maintains communications with appropriate agency and client personnel to ensure positive workflow.
- Educating clients and a track record of creating awesome work.
- Champion internal systems for higher productivity working
Project & Product Management
- Completes client projects, involved with client projects from start to finish, ensuring successful project completion against deadlines.
- Provides status – liaising with development teams, designers and other staff to provide accurate updates of project statuses.
- Project quality assurance – testing and review of output, reviewing outputted deliverables against scope.
- Strong creative approach for video, interactive and user journey experience with proven skills in interaction design, brand and campaign concepting and execution.
- Management and leadership skills.
- Able to decipher complex communication briefs and objectives into intelligent design/copy and media/technology solutions.
- Previous cross-discipline experience that covers interactive/experiential design, creative media arts, immersive and reactive environments and narrative storytelling for multi-sensory physical experiences.
- Mentoring of any junior creative team members. Able to concept and translate a complex technology-driven idea to action and drive team to successful execution.
- Directs art creation, i.e. photo shoots, etc.
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Confident in project management skills and in delegating work to colleagues
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Quick to adapt and learn
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented
Knowledge and Experience
- 1-3 years professional experience in an design, sr. design, or art director role
- Experience in a management or team lead role is considered an asset
Graphic Design Diploma
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.