Deadline: open until filled
We are seeking two ambassadors to welcome and assist artists in residence. One position is available in August for artist Estelle Chaigne (France) and one in October for artist Ebba Bohlin (Sweden).
An honorarium of $100 will be provided to each ambassador
If you are interested, please email Adriana at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Ambassador 2022” in the subject line and a short paragraph describing why you would like to be an ambassador and which residency dates you are available.
Duties of the ambassador will include:
- picking the artist up from the airport, train station or bus depot
- offering to show the artist around to artist-run centres, galleries etc
- helping to get the art supplies they need
- helping to get basics such as groceries
- offering to take artists to different cultural events, such as art openings, lectures, festivals etc
- being available to the artist to answer questions by phone or email
- welcoming the artist to Winnipeg/ the art community
Attributes of the ambassador:
- friendly and outgoing
- interested in meeting new people
- interested in connecting with artists outside of Winnipeg
- access to a car
- knowledgeable about Winnipeg and the artistic community
- available to the artist during their stay, in person, by phone and email.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.