The purpose of the Creative Manitoba Communications and Facility intern position is is to support the development and delivery of marketing materials and participate in creative sector research. The intern will also assist in the management of the shared space at 245 McDermot including support for our Fringe Festival venue. The Communications and Facility Intern role is an excellent opportunity for an emerging arts professional seeking hands-on experience working as part of a successful team.
- Support front desk reception from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. daily. Duties include answering phones and greeting members
- Event set-up, clean-up, signage, etc. (including Fringe Festival Venue)
- General building maintenance: light cleaning, changing lightbulbs, etc.
- Daily website updates – member events, news, calls for submission, and career opportunities
- Support research for mapping of the Exchange District creative activities
- Various other office and facility tasks as required
Working Conditions and Environment
- 30 hours per week (some weekend and evening work will be required)
- Creative Manitoba will provide the opportunity for educational training on an ongoing basis.
- Creative Manitoba staff works in a collaborative manner in a casual, respectful and professional environment. We value our job descriptions but they do not prevent us from pitching in when something needs doing.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Knowledge of Manitoba’s arts and creative sector
- Ability to thrive in an open concept / collaborative environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to use a wide variety of computer software
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
- Candidates must have been enrolled in post-secondary during the previous academic school year with plans to return to school in the fall.
- Ideally, the candidate will be participating in post-secondary education art or creative communications program.
- Experience in website content management, communications, basic video production skills, and social media is helpful. Knowledge of Manitoba’s arts and creative industries is important.
Terms of Employment
- This is an 8-week term contract (30 hours per week) from June 24 to August 16, 2018
- Compensation is based at $13.50 per hour
Please submit a resume with 3 references and a cover letter to the Executive Director, Creative Manitoba via email – email@example.com by no later than 5 p.m. Friday, May 31, 2019.
We thank all those who apply but will only contact those candidates selected for interview.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.