Website D.I.F.I.E Inc.
DIFIE Inc. is a dynamic organization and needs the support and input of people with your experience and insight. We are currently seeking three Board Members to join our newly-formed organization. Individuals who can contribute their professional skills to expand DIFIE Inc.’s services. Being a member of DIFIE Inc. Governing Board Member provides anyone with a unique opportunity to:
- Contribute to the success of the school
- Make a positive impact on public performance arts education
- Serve your community while gaining practical experience
- Expand your network and meet people with similar interests
Board Roles will be adapted around each individuals strengths, and additional applicable skill-sets. We are currently seeking individuals to fulfill the following roles, for 1 or 2 year terms:
- Chair person: organize and manage Board of Director meetings.
- Secretary/ Treasurer: manage general accounting and book-keeping.
- Communications Director: manage social media promotions and media relations.
- Community Engagement Coordinator: responsible for recruitment of new members, fundraising partners, and partner organisations for the purpose of collaboration.
- Held every 3 months
- Possibility of additional meetings when new business arises such as new pilot projects, special event planning, or tele-conferences with new stakeholders
- Meetings – one to three hours; held in person, tele-conference, email transmission, or video chat, depending on the circumstance
- time commitment will be during evenings and/or weekends, maximum of 5 hours per month
Board members roles and responsibilities:
- Attend all regularly scheduled meetings unless exigent circumstances exist.
- Actively participate in non-secretarial, administrative project duties in relation to DIFIE Inc.’s programming.
- Engage the community by promoting DIFIE services at large.
- Provide your personal experience and professional skills to promote DIFIE Inc. while working as a collaborative team.
- Increase community engagement by securing private, and provincial stakeholders to reach DIFIE Inc.’s yearly fundraising initiatives goals.
- Increase community awareness by promoting DIFIE Inc. services, and inviting the public to join our organization as Members, and/ or to participate in DIFIE Inc.’s workshops, classes, etc.
- Provide valuable insight as a person who has experienced barriers to accessing inclusive dance and/ or fitness education on a recreational and/ or professional level.
- Provide awareness as to how DIFIE Inc.’s services can specifically address the needs of your community while being fully inclusive.
- Develop relationships with nonprofit and charitable organizations at a local and national level
We are asking for a criminal record check, child abuse registry check, and vulnerable persons check.
For further information about DIFIE click HERE.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.