The Museum is recruiting an experienced Donor Relations/Development Database Coordinator to implementing and developing processes and procedures to generate accurate reports and data files in a timely manner to support and maximize constituent relationship management.
The incumbent will be responsible for the data base requirements for foundation, corporate, staff & volunteer, and individual appeals including annual, capital, endowment and planned giving. The position also supports various fundraising events/activities that generate funds and donations of goods and services to meet both Museum operational and The Manitoba Museum Foundation.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated expertise in Raiser’s Edge database, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access and Crystal Reports; a post-high school certificate or diploma program in a related field; and at least three years of data and direct mail program management experience (non-profit organization sector preferred).
This is a fulltime one-year term position with that has high possibility of becoming a permanent position.
Interested applicants are encouraged to send their cover letters with salary expectations and resume to email@example.com.
We will continue to receive applications until a suitable candidate is selected.
Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy, the Donor Relations/Development Database Coordinator is responsible for implementing and developing processes and procedures for data inputs and generation of accurate reports and data files in a timely manner to support and maximize constituent relationship management.
The position holder acts as a resource to other staff in the use of Raiser’s Edge, inputting and extracting data, and developing and delivering reports or data files using a variety of methods and identifying areas to improve operational efficiency. The position holder is the first-point of contact for donor service.
The incumbent will be responsible for the data base requirements for foundation, corporate, staff & volunteer, and individual appeals including annual, capital, endowment and planned giving. The position also supports various fundraising events/activities that generate funds and donations of goods and services to meet both The Manitoba Museum (TMM) operational and The Manitoba Museum Foundation (TMMF) funding objectives.
- Key Accountabilities & Typical Duties
Priority 1 – Database Management and Reporting – 70%
To identify prospective donors, create positive donor experience/relationship and identify new areas of patronage through effective data management and mining of the membership and donor database, and strong donor engagement and service.
To act as liaison and resource on all database software programs for departmental staff members.
- Administers, maintains and improves record keeping in Raisers Edge database.
- Implements and develops processes and procedures to generate accurate reports and data files in a timely manner.
- Acts as a resource for Fund Development staff in the use of Raiser’s Edge including: maintaining all user accounts, assigning access and security permission/ parameters specific to Raisers Edge software; development of training manuals and procedures for Raisers Edge applications, designing and customizing reports for end users, resolving any issues with the software or accuracy of records.
- Acts as the primary Fundraising & Development staff liaison in matters relating to the integration and information sharing across other databases within the Museum including, but not limited to: Financial Edge, Vantix ATMS+, Counterpoint, and CuadraSTAR systems.
- Processes gift payments, prepares accounting reports and reconciliations, and issues charitable tax receipts in compliance with CRA and accounting guidelines.
- Ensures prompt recognition of gifts by writing thank you letters and issuing tax receipts.
- Provides reports and prepares data files and lists, for internal or third-party provider, for integration to print and digital mediums including but not limited to: appeals, renewal notices, pledge reminders, invitations, newsletters, and emails.
- Prepares mail merges.
- Provides reports on activity to fundraising goals, donor activity and history, and analysis of effectiveness of appeals.
- Maintains financial records, completes related administrative forms and manages budgets for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Prepares donor recognition lists for annual report and donor wall and annually updates donor wall.
- Assists in the integration of donor recognition with TMM website.
Priority 2 – Annual Tribute Support – 10%
To provide operational and logistics support for the Annual Tribute to ensure all guests have a positive experience.
- Shares responsibility for the successful completion of the annual Tribute Gala- specific responsibilities include: ticket sales tracking, seating, dietary requirements, invoicing , receipting, liaising with vendors and issuing purchase orders and maintaining the expense budget and management of all event data in Raiser’s Edge.
- Performs other duties and reasonably assigned- 20%
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Skills, Ability and Knowledge
- Demonstrated expertise in Raiser’s Edge database, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access and Crystal Reports.
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail.
- Must have strong analytical and logical and methodical problem solving skills.
- Must be highly organized and capable of performing complex processes as well as continually re-evaluate priorities.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in order to communicate with a variety of users and report or data set requestors.
- Ability to interact effectively and positively with public and staff.
Education, Training, and Experience
- High school diploma, plus
- Graduation in a certificate program in a related field, and
- Experience including:
– At least three years of data management experience, non-profit organization sector preferred, and
– Direct mail program management experience, or
– An equivalent combination of education and experience
The Manitoba Museum, a not-for-profit and charitable organization, is Manitoba’s largest heritage and science centre. We are unique in our combination of human and natural history themes, multi-dimensional interpretation, immersive dioramas, science and astronomy education, with quality school and public programs and exhibits.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org