Prairie Theatre Exchange (PTE) is a not-for-profit professional theatre company, which also provides theatre education for youth/teens and adults, and is one of the largest professional arts organizations in Manitoba.
The Education, Facility and Tour Coordinator reports to the General Manager and Artistic Director. This position is an important part of the team at PTE, helping to facilitate the TYA tour to over 75 schools while also coordinating the animation of our studios with education, outreach and professional development activities.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- register students, track payment of fees and maintain and update student registrations in Theatre Manager program
- support the teachers as necessary
- provide administrative support to the Artistic Director and Artistic Associate regarding all education, outreach and community programs
- assist in the promotion of the TYA tour, education and outreach programs and activities
- schedule and manage the TYA tour, adhering to the Canadian Theatre Agreement as it pertains to Theatre for Young Audiences touring
- establish, maintain and update a master database of school and community contacts for Winnipeg and Manitoba and SE Saskatchewan touring
- maintain the calendar for PTE studios
- answer any rental inquiries and schedule, contract & manage rental arrangements
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to schedule and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of the Canadian Theatre Agreement is an asset but not required
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Experience working with diverse cultures and various age groups
- Proficient in Word & Excel, including an understanding of database programs
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a busy, flexible and collaborative environment
Terms of Employment
Seasonal Full-time – mid-August to mid-June
Start Date: Monday, August 12, 2019
Please email a resume with cover letter and 3 references by 5pm on Friday, June 28, 2019 to:
Tracey Loewen, General Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.