Graffiti Art Programming Inc. is a not-for-profit youth art centre, that for the last 20 years has been providing free art programming and mentorship to youth in Winnipeg’s Downtown and North End Communities. The Development Coordinator oversees all grant writing, researching and reporting for both the Gallery and Youth programming.
· Working with other staff, The Development Coordinator is responsible for the drafting and submission of all grants and reports to funders
· Ensuring each program’s funding application deadlines and requirements are met and in compliances with the funder’s requirements
· Tracking past, current and future grant opportunities
· Creating reports for the Organization’s Directors
· Researching and Identifying potential new funders and revenue streams
· Maintaining good relationships with granting officers of various organization funders
· Helping develop annual budgets for each program with the Organization’s Directors
· Understanding each program’s funding structure and requirements
· Allocating funding as needed based on the Organization’s need
· Works with Financial Manager and Program Director to create budget documents
· Reports directly to Organization Directors
· Other Duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
· Minimum 2 years of experience with Grant Writing and Reporting
· Familiarity with local, provincial and national funding agencies and foundation grant application processes is an asset
· Possess strong writing, researching, communication, and interpersonal skills, as well as an eagerness to learn and innovate.
· Foster a collaborative work environment
· Have excellent organizational and time-management skills and attention to details
· Experience working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
· Experience with drafting program budgets and tracking program expenses
· Understanding of issues facing inner-city communities and youth
· An interest in and familiarity with the local arts community
Rate: 20 hours a week @ 18/hr
To apply, all candidates should email their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 18, 2019. Although we appreciate all applications, only candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.