Whistler Film Festival
deadline: September 10, 2020
A five-month creative and business immersion program focused on strengthening and advancing short-form scripted projects for emerging Indigenous Canadian filmmakers and content creators.
The WFF Indigenous Filmmaker Fellowship (IFF) supports up to six Indigenous Canadian creators with short-form film concepts or web series in development and at the script stage. Content in all genres can be submitted for consideration.
This creative and business immersion experience takes place online over five months beginning in November with workshops and meetings leading up to participation in the Whistler Film Festival and Content Summit, December 1 to 20, 2020. The program continues with three months of project mentorship and online workshop sessions until March 2021.
Fellowship recipients receive high level of strategic advice and feedback on their scripts and projects from established content creators, producers and industry professionals with a focus on creative development, marketing and distribution. Scheduled market meetings during the Content Summit are also included.
Who can apply?
- The Whistler Film Festival Indigenous Fellowship is open to Canadian Indigenous producers, writers and/or directors who are First Nations, Métis or Inuit and hold Canadian citizenship, and have a script for short-form content.
- Short scripts in all genres can be submitted for consideration.
- All rights remain with the filmmaker and WFF has no proprietary interest in any of the projects.
- Application details and information are available at whistlerfilmfestival.com.
- Applicants must have some previous short film/content experience or have attended film school.
- Applicants must be able to commit to attending the program online November 16-20, 2020
- Applicants must be a Canadian citizen and of Indigenous descent residing in Canada.
- Applicant must demonstrate ownership of or option on all underlying rights (if any) and of the screenplay.
- Only one person per project will be allowed to attend the Program.
Application deadline is September 10, 2020.
To learn more or to apply click HERE.
To apply for this job please visit whistlerfilmfestival.com.