The Manitoba Arts Council (MAC) is an arms-length agency of the Province of Manitoba, established in 1965 “to promote the study, enjoyment, production and performance of works in the arts.” The Council makes awards to professional arts organizations and individuals in all art forms including theatre, literature, dance, music, painting, sculpture, architecture or the graphic arts, and includes other similar creative or interpretative activity, including arts education. The Council uses peer-assessment in making awards.
The Program Consultant’s key responsibilities include delivery of specific programming assistance for individual artists and arts organizations, as well as developing and maintaining networks within and outside the organization to keep abreast of developments and ensure adequate stakeholder representation through strong, trust-based community relationships.
Successful candidates will have:
- the ability to communicate in French and English
- a university degree and/or professional training with demonstrable accomplishments in the fields of arts and learning
- exceptional listening skills
- the ability to work effectively with a significant degree of independence
- strong research and writing skills
- excellent interpersonal, communication and collaborative skills in order to communicate complex ideas and produce clear and concise recommendations
How to Apply
For a full job description and instructions on how to apply, visit www.artscouncil.mb.ca.
Application deadline: November 8, 2019
To apply for this job please visit www.artscouncil.mb.ca.