Website Manitoba Crafts Museum and Library
Become a part of Manitoba Crafts Museum and Library!
The Manitoba Crafts Museum and Library (MCML) is dedicated to the study, preservation and understanding of craft and the promotion of the work of craft artists. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual to be our Treasurer. You don’t need to be a craftsperson to be an effective volunteer – all you need is the passion to help us achieve our financial management goals.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required
- Proven Bookkeeping / Accounting skills
- Experience with Quickbooks an asset
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and fluent proficiency in English language
- 3-year minimum experience in Canada
- Excellent organizational skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains an accurate account of all finances
- Has signing authority for cheques
- Communicates with Curator on a regular basis
- Prepares a package of information for the Artspace Arts Management bookkeeping services
- Reviews finances as managed by the Artspace Arts Management bookkeeping services
- Maintains organization of financial files
- Prepares and presents a financial report at the monthly board meetings
- Submits GST return
- Prepares T-4 slips
- Prepares Annual Charity Return
- Assists with preparation of annual financial report & presents reports at Annual General Meeting
- Assists with preparing the annual budget
- Is Chief Financial Officer of MCML and sits on the Finance/Fundraising Committee
- Prepares ROE as necessary
When & Where the Work is Done
- Board meetings are usually the first Wednesday of the month, 6:30 pm. No meetings in July and August.
- The time commitment is typically 4-6 hours per month
- The Treasurer reports to the Board of Directors
Contact to learn more and to apply:
Cailyn Harrison, C2 Volunteer Coordinator
C2 Centre for Craft, 1-329 Cumberland Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3B 1T2
(204) 487-6117 | email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.