Manitoba Crafts Museum & Library (MCML) is looking for a crafty IT Technician who wants to give back to their community.
We understand that IT and system administration is not just a job, but instead a craft and like any other craft, system administration takes years to master. You have put in hours working with many different types of systems, routers, networks and servers.
Have you honed your skills and take tremendous satisfaction building, troubleshooting and writing that perfect script? Do you want to use your knowledge to make a difference in the cultural community of Manitoba? Do you want to help and innovate at the intersection of people, craft, design and technology, but you are not sure where to begin?
We are looking for a volunteer to build and maintain updated and efficient MCML computer systems and networks, as well as help training our users to make appropriate and safe usage of all the Museum and Library IT infrastructures.
- Review the equipment monthly to ensure no problems are occurring, schedule upgrades and provide maintenance without deterring others from completing their work.
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.) that arise between the monthly reviews.
- Check computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality.
- Manage and help develop MCML computers and local networks in ways that optimize performance.
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems.
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment.
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.).
- Proven experience in IT or relevant position
- Great diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication ability
- Great organizational and time-management skills.
- In depth understanding of computer systems and networks
- Able to commit to at least 6 months of monthly updates and trouble shooting
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.