Website Manitoba Metis Federation
Deadline: February 5, 2023
The Manitoba Métis Federation (MMF) is the National Government of the Red River Métis – also known as the Manitoba Métis. The Red River Métis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill two full-time Junior Graphic Designer positions within our Communications Department located at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg, MB. Under the direction of the Director of Communications, the Junior Graphic Designer will combine art and technology to create visually communicative designs such as layout, iconography, website graphics, logos, illustrations, etc., for internal and external communications for the MMF. The salary for this position is $45,000.
- Think creatively and develop culturally relevant design concepts, graphics and layout for print and digital media;
- Plan layout and production for projects including but not limited to newsletters, newspapers, journals and annual reports, etc.;
- Prepare rough drafts, proposals, and present ideas;
- Determine the message the design should display;
- Create images that identify or convey the message using print, electronic and film media, etc.;
- Evaluate color, type, illustration, photography, animation and other print techniques;
- Assist with designing website, interactive media and multimedia projects as required;
- Attend MMF events to take photos suited for newsletters and advertising.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in graphic design;
- Two years experience in graphic design;
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.);
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio;
- Knowledge of industry-leading software and technologies;
- Possess creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality;
- Ability to perform under tight deadlines;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and time management skills;
- Knowledge of Red River Métis culture, MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and,
- Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension, and vacation. Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter with a link to your design portfolio, referencing the job posting number; #22-05-07, by Sunday, February 5, 2023.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to the commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Métis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: email@example.com
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.