Wanted: One Amazing Designer that Also Codes
Manoverboard is hiring. Please review the information below if you are interested in learning more.
What is the design position?
Manoverboard is looking for a junior or intermediate designer who loves to code and wants to join a talented team of other designers. The right candidate has experience designing for web, coding websites, and creating visual identities and printed material – and wants to work for a small, offbeat and innovative design studio in Winnipeg.
What will you do?
You will work closely and collaboratively with our team to design and develop unique websites, interfaces, visual identities and collateral. You will be asked to help us tackle big, complex marketing and communications challenges and deliver the right digital product. You will have room to work and grow as a professional. You will help us create impact as a business and for our clients.
What is Manoverboard?
We are a small design studio taking on big projects for amazing clients. We are a Certified B Corporation, the first in the province, with a focus on using design and technology to help organizations advance their mission and create change. Manoverboard works with educational institutions, conscious companies, and large nonprofits throughout Canada and the U.S.
Why work at Manoverboard?
Team – You like working with other people, especially of the non-corporate type. You are completely fine working independently, but you know that you will grow faster and go further when you’re learning with a team. Like us, you have a healthy sense of humor and you don’t take yourself too, too seriously.
Variety – Design and code are great, but you also want to contribute to big picture work that has impact in the world and separates good from great. You want to dig deeper into UX, content strategy and the practice of user interface design. You like doing all kinds of design. You don’t mind wearing different hats, even in the summer.
Mission – You want to work for a Certified B Corporation that seeks substantial, sustainable and positive change in the world. Globally, there are over 2,400 B Corps like Manoverboard — all are companies that meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
What are the job requirements?
This is a junior/intermediate designer and developer position that will help support our work. Here are the big seven requirements:
- You have a degree or diploma in design, digital media or communications — or equivalent work experience
- You are a kind, thoughtful and considerate person with a positive and collaborative spirit
- You are committed to doing beautiful, far-reaching work
- You have experience designing great websites, printed materials and visual identities
- You have developed custom WordPress themes with some knowledge of ACF
- You have experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Sketch
Are there other requirements?
Sure. Having some of the seven items below would really help in the decision-making process:
- You have excellent communications and customer service skills
- You are willing to help manage projects with the team
- You are familiar with accessibility standards (e.g. WCAG or Section 508)
- You have an understanding of UX patterns and systems
- You have experience with web security and handling online vulnerabilities
- You like to update social media with ongoing, relevant content
- You like to write about design, the web and new technologies
Where would you work?
You would work in our modern, open, timber frame and exposed brick studio with the rest of our team. There is free parking available in our lot or on the street and we’re only 15 seconds to the #16 Osborne bus line. If you take public transit, we’ll reimburse you for 50% of the cost. This is a full-time position with an initial contract for three months. After that time, we offer excellent benefits, pretty flexible work hours, three weeks of holidays to start, and paid volunteering and pro bono work.
How do you apply?
If you believe that you’re a good fit, please complete our application form, and be sure to include a link to your online portfolio, your cover letter with salary requirements:
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. Applications are reviewed as they are received.
Just a few additional important things to keep in mind:
- Please do not call us. We’ll be in touch for an interview if we believe it’s the right fit.
- This is an onsite position. Please apply only if live in or near Winnipeg.
- No recruiters or recruiting agencies please. Thank you!
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://manoverboard.com/wanted-one-amazing-unicorn-designer-that-also-codes/ →