Website Narratives Inc.
deadline: February 26, 2021
Stories are powerful. Stories teach, advance diplomacy, break barriers, and promote healing. Narratives represents an effort to amplify voices that may otherwise go unheard, or unaddressed despite being heard. We are an environmental planning & design firm, specializing in Impact Assessment, Community Engagement, and Conflict Transformation. For more information, please visit www.narrativesinc.com or our LinkedIn page.
Narratives is currently seeking candidates for the position of Digital Media & Content Designer to bring our stories to life. The position will be full-time, one-year term with the potential for a permanent position.
- Creative planning, shooting and editing of videos, including documentaries and short interviews in communities.
- Support and fulfill creative tasks such as the design of marketing assets, digital media, website marketing content and promotional print material for various stakeholders.
- Maintain and manage content for social media accounts, websites and key projects (LinkedIn, Facebook).
- Able to develop innovative design solutions while following style guides, and creative art direction.
- Assist with document management, photo-logging, reporting and liasing with print shops for print production.
- Lead technical report formatting and layout for production.
- Support community engagement, interviews, workshops and events.
- Currently undertaking or recent graduate of Design, Marketing or Communications program or related field.
- Experience with video production, documentaries and post-production
- Ability to write well; including technical reports, articles, blogs, essays, memorandums, letters, and briefing notes
- Experience with Adobe CC (InDesign, Photoshop, illustrator, Adobe Premiere)
- Adaptable, versatile, willing to learn and explore
- Knows how to communicate with a wide variety of audiences
- Experience and licensing with Drones is considered an asset
- Hold a valid drivers’ license
- Flexible work hours, including option to work remotely when possible.
- Downtown Winnipeg office; close to bus routes for easy commuting.
- Monthly bus pass for the duration of the placement included.
- Ongoing professional development and learning opportunities.
** Travel may be required (sometimes 3 days a week, few weeks in a row)
Please submit a cover letter, a resume. sample of your writing (blog,posts,articles), as well as a sample portfolio (videos, documentries snippets, graphics) to Susan Black at Sblack@fhblack.com by February 26th, 2021.