Website Ottawa International Animation Festival
deadline: May 29, 2020
From September 23-27, 2020, downtown Ottawa will once again be the best place to see the world’s most cutting-edge, thoughtful, funny, and provocative animation films while mingling with many of animation’s most celebrated stars, studios and characters.
The Ottawa International Animation Festival (OIAF) is one of the leading events of its kind in the world, and the largest in North America. An annual five-day event, the OIAF has been bringing the animation community together in a vibrant hub since 1976. Drawing a total attendance of over 30,000, it attracts artists, producers, students, and animation fans from around the world. Check out the 80+ screenings, talks, exhibitions, and parties taking place in venues across downtown Ottawa.
2020 Film Submissions
What you need to know:
- Deadline for entry forms and film URLs: Friday, May 29, 2020
- Only animated films that were completed after May 31st, 2019 are eligible.
- There is no entry or registration fee.
- You must submit your entry form online through your account on the OIAF website.
- Your preview film must be submitted as a streamable URL link.
- The link must remain accessible until the end of July.
- If your film has dialogue that is not English and is not subtitled, you must include an English dialogue script.
- Entries must include a director’s biography, director’s photograph (300 dpi, jpg or tif), and minimum 3 stills from the film (300 dpi, jpg or tif).
- By submitting your online entry form, you are agreeing to the OIAF 2020 Rules and Regulations.
- If your film is selected, you must submit a high-definition Quicktime .mov file (H264 or ProRes only, minimum resolution 1920×1080). Selected films must be received by Friday, August 7, 2020 or you risk disqualification
- We also accept DCP, however you will still be required to provide an .mov file as well in order to screen at our non-DCP venues as needed.
To apply for this job please visit www.animationfestival.ca.