2021-‐2022 Art Exhibition Season
Prairie Fusion Arts & Entertainment (Prairie Fusion) is a rich and vibrant centre of the arts situated in Portage la Prairie, Manitoba. We have a mandate to provide exposure to and education in the arts; stimulate and develop projects and activities in the arts, and promote public interest and understanding of the arts.
Prairie Fusion is now accepting proposals for our 2021-2022 Main Gallery Exhibitions. All artists and artist groups are invited to submit entries of their work for exhibition in our Main Gallery. The deadline is December 20, 2019.
In order to be considered by the Exhibition Committee, exhibition proposals must contain original work by the artist or artist group that has never been exhibited in the Prairie Fusion Main Gallery.
Exhibition Proposals should include the following
- Brief artist’s statement (max 300 words).
- Artist’s resume or curriculum vitae (max 2 pages).
- Artist’s most recent biography (background information for promotional purposes).
- Brief exhibit synopsis that includes a description of the work, the exhibit title and the number of exhibit pieces.
- Excellent quality photographs (in jpeg format) of at least 10 exhibit pieces. All jpegs must be identified with the title of the artwork, clearly depict the respective artwork, numbered, and in the correct order and viewing orientation for easy review.
- Descriptive list of the work that includes the title of each art piece, the medium used, the dimensions and the date of the work.
- A stamped, self-‐addressed envelope for return of material.
Submitted exhibition proposals are reviewed by Prairie Fusion’s Exhibition Committee and are considered for exhibition in our Main Gallery.
Exhibitions are usually scheduled two years in advance. If awarded an exhibition, all artwork must be ready to install. (See our website for our installation requirements). We encourage sales of art in our exhibitions and will pay a commission of 75% to the artist. The remaining 25% will be used to further our work in Portage la Prairie and the surrounding district.
The deadline for submissions is December 20, 2019. By email to Prairie Fusion at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail, or dropped off in person, at Prairie Fusion Arts & Entertainment, 11 -‐ 2nd Street NE, Portage la Prairie, R1N 1R8.
Please contact Lee Beaton, Marketing & Events Coordinator, Prairie Fusion Arts & Entertainment at: email@example.com or 204‐239‐6029 if you have any questions regarding your entry.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.