Website Manitoba Children's Museum
The Program Interpreter is primarily responsible for the facilitation of school programs. The Program Interpreter may also be responsible for assisting with Arts Club and special events as well as providing exemplary customer service and interacting with children and families in the museum galleries.
The Program Interpreter will work in cooperation with other museum staff to ensure that all museum guests have a positive and enjoyable experience.
- Set up, facilitation, and clean-up of school programs, Arts Club, and
special events (75%)
- Provide exemplary customer service to all museum guests (15%)
- Deliver public programs (5%)
- Other duties as assigned (5%)
Education & Experience
- Currently attending or completed post-secondary education in elementary education, early childhood education, recreation or other relevant program
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- At least one year’s related experience working with children and families
- Experience in customer service
- Ability to work in both official languages is a strong asset
- Ability to effectively communicate in an enthusiastic and engaging manner with children and adults in a non-traditional educational environment
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment with staff, volunteers, and the general public
Days/Hours of Work
- 3-15 hours weekly
- Availability on Mondays is required
Forward resume and letter outlining suitability for this position to Allie Alsop at email@example.com.
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org