Website Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre
Deadline: January 31, 2023
The Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre, is looking for a Director of Patron Services. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications with a dotted line to the Executive Director, the Director of Patron Services will oversee all Box Office and Front of House operations. Providing supervision to three direct reports and up to thirty part-time staff, the position will collaborate with other departments, develop and implement best practices for patron experiences. The successful candidate will serve as a key member of the senior management and marketing teams. Through your leadership, patrons will enjoy positive, seamless, and exemplary interactions while visiting or interacting with Royal MTC.
As the Director of Patron Services, you will:
- Effectively manage Box Office activities and Front of House through leadership of the Box Office Manager and Front House Manager and supporting their teams.
- Oversee staffing, training, onboarding, and scheduling of box office, front of house, patron services staff and volunteers.
- Develop and implement ticketing policies and compliance and governance of applicable legislation regarding food & liquor.
- Ticket management in coordination with the Ticketing Application Specialist, overseeing ticketing activities and ensuring ticketing system functionality.
- In partnership with the Ticketing Application Specialist, create database user guidelines and policies. Evaluate, test and implement ticketing-related database changes.
- Builds or supervises the building of houses for all performances and events (200+), inputting held sets, handling pricing and promotions, and building print-at-home tickets.
- In consultation with the Director of Marketing, you will contribute to campaign strategy and planning, ticket pricing, revenue forecasting, and implementation of promotions, season ticket packages, and other related initiatives, which drive revenue and deepen patron loyalty.
- Work with the Director of Finance to reconcile all departmental and ticket sales revenue. Implement and maintain accounting procedures, acute and daily audit and performance reporting and end of season closeout.
- Own departmental budgets and support preparation of regular reporting, forecasting, and inventory management.
- Manage escalated patron concerns and requests and complex issues, determining the best course of action for resolution and preserves a high level of patron service.
- Ensure the safety of patrons, employees, and volunteers through the proper training, implementation, and enforcement of emergency procedures.
- Interpreting and applying the provision of the Accessibility Manitoba Act (AMA) as it applies to Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre patron experience.
- Be a champion and advocate for our Front of House volunteers and patrons.
Your Skills, Abilities and Qualifications:
- A confident people leader with a minimum of five years in supervisory hospitality or customer service role.
- Strong working knowledge of ticketing systems is required; Tessitura is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience supervising food and beverage operations is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations and liquor laws is required.
- Experience working with volunteers and practical knowledge of performing arts environment essential.
- Detail oriented, able to handle several tasks simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills, ability to quickly build rapport with patrons and stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Confident and clear communication skills.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, with an emphasis on Excel.
- AMA knowledge.
- Ability to accommodate a demanding and flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays (corresponding to the theatrical schedule).
- An authentic passion for the art of gathering people, ideally within the performing arts.
About Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre
The Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre exists to celebrate the widest spectrum of theatre art. Deeply rooted in the province of
Manitoba, which gave it life and provides for its growth, Royal MTC aspires to both reflect and engage the community it serves. Canada’s oldest regional theatre, Royal MTC produces ten plays at two venues, the Winnipeg Fringe Theatre Festival, extensive engagement, outreach and educational activities, and an annual Regional Tour each season. RoyalMTC.ca
As demonstrated by our Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Anti- Racism Commitment to Action, Royal MTC is on a deliberate and strategic path to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and to becoming an anti-racist organization. We desire to attract a workforce that reflects and shares these values. Recognizing the history of underrepresentation of Indigenous, Black, and people of colour (IBPOC) leadership positions in our company, we will prioritize qualified individuals who self-identify as IBPOC.
How to Apply:
Please apply online at www.jobs.peoplefirsthr.com or by emailing your resume (in MS WORD format) in confidence to Erika Recksiedler at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
To apply for this job please visit royalmtc.ca.