Website Royal MTC
deadline: August 9, 2021
Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre is pleased to announce a province-wide call for submissions to a Residency Program. The Residency Program aims to support the creation and development of work by independent Manitoba theatre collectives and companies.
For the 2021/22 season and the pilot year for the Residency Program, Royal MTC will provide a week-long residency in the digital studio of the Tom Hendry Warehouse (190 Rupert Ave, Winnipeg), with the venue rental fee waived, and a $3,000 honorarium to resident companies as a subsidy for artistic costs.
The Residency Program is intended to incubate ideas for artists, collectives and companies in the development stages of new work. A final presentation is not required, but resident companies can also choose to share the activity, exclusively digitally, on their own platform. (No live audiences of any size will be allowed in the venue).
While all are welcome to apply, priority will be given to artists and collectives who self-identify from underserved communities in an effort to address and overcome ongoing systemic barriers in the Canadian theatre ecology.
Up to three resident companies will be selected for this pilot year and successful applicants will be notified the week of August 16, 2021.
- Deadline for Submissions: Monday August 9, 2021
- Residency dates: A one-week booking in the Tom Hendry Digital Warehouse, to be scheduled between October 4 – December 17, 2021
- Residency hours: Monday to Friday 9-1 and 2-6pm; two house technicians are provided as part of the in-kind contribution from MTC. Technical specs can be viewed here. Additional crew requirements (staffing or overtime) to be covered by the resident company. Request for access to the space outside of these hours will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
To apply, please complete the application form and prepare a Residency proposal that is no more than three pages in length and includes:
- Brief history of the collective of artists (with brief individual bios for key participants in the proposal) and/or company.
- A project description including details of the work in development, short and long term goals, and how the Residency in the Digital Studio will contribute to these goals.
Please email your submission as one PDF (no google doc links please) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday August 9, 2021.
We are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the organization. If you require an accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Our assessment panel for 2021 will be: Artistic Director Kelly Thornton, Associate Artistic Director Audrey Dwyer, and Producer Isabelle Ly. Selection criteria includes evaluation of applications based on artistic merit, artistic practice, diversity and community impact.
For more information please contact Christine Corthey, Production Associate at email@example.com
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: AUGUST 9, 2021
To apply for this job please visit royalmtc.ca.