Website Royal Winnipeg Ballet
Deadline: October 3, 2022
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet teaches, creates and performs, enriching lives through the power of exceptional dance…become a part of that power…
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is seeking a full-time School Administrator to join our team. This excellent opportunity is well-suited for candidates looking to hone their administrative and organizational skills. As an ideal candidate, you are an effective communicator, thrive working in a fast paced environment, and have a keen understanding of arts administration. With your sound initiative, superb time management, and positive attitude, you will thrive in this role.
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is committed to an inclusive and diverse environment that values, respects and supports all individuals. We aim to have a workforce representative of the diversity within our community, and welcome and encourage applicants from various backgrounds including women, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual and gender identities and others who may contribute to further diversification endeavors.
As the School Administrator, you support the School Managing Director, School Director, and School Principals with day-to-day administrative functions of the RWB School. In this position, you provide administrative, clerical, database, and project assistance for RWB School programming and assist to ensure the strategic and business plan objectives of the School are met.
Highlighted Duties And Responsibilities
- Manage incoming calls, emails, in-person inquiries, and outgoing communications.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of grant applications and reports.
- Assist with preparation of strategic and business plans and other organizational documents.
- Coordinate the preparation of student handbooks and registration forms and oversee implementation and after-action review.
- Maintain and safeguard RWB School Committee meeting minutes, records, and documents.
- Facilitate correspondence to RWB School Committee members and Academic School partners.
- Work with various stakeholders to create program and event timelines, and work back schedules with deadlines, and monitor adherence.
- Coordinate the administration of all RWB School community engagement programming as required.
- Assist the facilitation of contracts and provisions for guest artists of the RWB School.
- Manage PD student study permits, custodial declarations, and immigration for School staff and guest artists.
- In collaboration with Development, maintain Alumni relations; communicate with Alumni to ensure the database is current and up to date.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with external organizations and individuals.
- Establish positive, professional working relationships with RWB faculty and staff.
- Forward concerns raised by stakeholders as appropriate and in a timely manner.
- Ensure all communications, strategies and actions support, protect, and nurture the brand of the RWB.
- Act as communication liaison between School staff and service departments.
- Run database utilities and reports, analyze data, and share results with key stakeholders.
- Process transactions in the database.
This position works with standard office equipment and sits for long periods of time performing keyboarding activities. Success of this position requires ongoing communication with internal and external stakeholders, flexibility with shifting priorities, and timely decision-making. This position primarily works days and may require occasional evening and weekend work during peak busy periods as needed.
What You Bring
- Post-secondary education in Arts or Business Administration, or a related not-for-profit field.
- Training in project and financial data management.
- Knowledge of grant writing and reporting.
- Expert use of MS Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams.
- Working knowledge of Tessitura or similar constituent management database system.
- Arts organizational knowledge an asset.
- Experience processing Canadian Immigration and Taxation documents an asset.
- Experience working with contracts, agreements, and memorandums of understanding (MOU) an asset.
- Good initiative, self-motivation, and the ability to work independently.
- Keen attention to detail with solid time management, multi-tasking, and decision-making skills.
- Deadline driven and comfortable with fluctuating priorities in a fast-paced, team-focused environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate a high level of professional conduct and discretion.
If you are qualified for this position, visit https://www.rwb.org/who-we-are/careers-and-auditions/ for application instructions. Candidates must submit a cover letter that showcases your personality and fit for the role, and resume. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is committed to providing accessible employment while ensuring our recruitment process is barrier-free. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates participating in all aspects of the assessment and selection process. Requests for accommodation can be sent to email@example.com.
Closing Date: Monday, October 3, 2022, 4:00 pm
As part of the Royal Winnipeg Ballet hiring process, successful candidates will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and submit a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.