Website Royal Winnipeg Ballet
Deadline: April 14, 2023
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet teaches, creates and performs, enriching lives through the power of exceptional dance…become a part of that power…
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet School is seeking Dance Teachers to join our team and support our Recreational, Dance Ensemble (Competitive) and Intensive Training programs. Calling all ballet, tap, jazz and lyrical dance teachers! This is an exciting opportunity to showcase your talent and teach the most amazing artists. Motivated, dedicated, and experienced dancers in a variety of genres are encouraged to apply. With your effective communication, creativity, and sound ability to lead, you will thrive in this role.
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is committed to an inclusive and diverse environment that values, respects and supports all individuals. We aim to have a workforce representative of the diversity within our community and welcome and encourage applicants from various backgrounds, including women, Indigenous people, racialized people, disabled people, people of all sexual and gender identities and others who may contribute to further diversification endeavours.
As a Dance Teacher, you are responsible for the consistent instruction of dance classes, choreography, and rehearsals for performances of varying levels and age groups. In this position, you are a member of the School Artistic Faculty and are required to be familiar with and work in accordance with the strategic and business plan objectives of the RWB School.
Highlighted Duties Of The Role
- Teach classes during Regular and Summer Sessions.
- Prepare choreography for festivals, competitions, recitals, and conduct rehearsals.
- Ensure suitable choreography and music are used for the age group.
- Support the development and implementation of curriculums.
- Work to ensure artistic standards are met.
- Participate in pedagogical meetings and workgroups.
- Attend School performances and rehearsals as required.
- Attend workshops and conventions as required and stay informed of changes in the field.
- Participate in the audition, interview, and casting process as required.
- Prepare and administer report cards, student assessment forms, and letters of reference as required.
- Ensure appropriate, positive, and fair student evaluations.
- Participate and contribute to short and long-term planning sessions.
- Maintain open and honest communication with the Recreational Division Principal and forward concerns as appropriate.
- Build and maintain positive and productive relationships with parents, students, and staff.
- Maximize communication opportunities with teaching colleagues to ensure consistency of material being taught.
- Ensure all communications and actions support, protect, and nurture the brand of the RWB School.
A Dance Teacher works evenings and weekends in a studio setting interacting with, observing, and supporting students. This position also works with standard office equipment and sits for periods of time, performing keyboarding activities. The success of this position requires ongoing communication with internal and external stakeholders, flexibility with shifting priorities, and timely decision-making. Up to twenty-five (25) hours of work may be available.
What You Bring
- Minimum five (5) years experience as a dance teacher or dancer.
- Experience choreographing for festivals, competitions, and recitals.
- Teaching qualifications from a recognized syllabus; or equivalent experience.
- For teachers of ballet specifically, Cecchetti Associate Qualifications or higher are an asset.
- Capable of teaching several levels, age groups, and diverse backgrounds.
- Strategic thinker with sound analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Sound attention to detail, initiative, and self-motivation.
- Strong team member, productively engaging with others at varying levels of seniority.
- Solid time management, multi-tasking, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and adapt to changing priorities.
- High level of integrity and use of sound judgment.
If you are qualified for this position, visit https://www.rwb.org/who-we-are/careers-and-auditions/ for application instructions. Candidates must submit a cover letter that showcases their personality and fit for the role, a resume, and links to videos of previous works created within the past three years.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is committed to providing accessible employment while ensuring our recruitment process is barrier-free. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates participating in all aspects of the assessment and selection process. Requests for accommodation can be sent to email@example.com.
Closing Date: April 14, 2023, 4:00 pm
As part of the Royal Winnipeg Ballet hiring process, successful candidates will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and submit a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.