Website Royal Winnipeg Ballet
Deadline: May 25, 2022
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet teaches, creates and performs, enriching lives through the power of exceptional dance…become a part of that power…
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is seeking a full-time Summer Activity Leader to join our team. This is an excellent role for those with previous experience working with children or young adults and who enjoy organizing activities. An ideal candidate is a natural leader, viewed as a role model and can conduct themselves in a professional yet fun manner. Timely decision-making, adaptable to varying situations and effective communication are keys for success in this role.
This is a 3-month term position from May 30, 2022 – August 21, 2022.
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is committed to inclusive, and diversity-based accessible employment practices. All employment practices and activities are conducted on a non-discriminatory, safe, and respectful basis. The RWB is committed to the enrichment and diversity of our community.
As the Summer Activity Leader, you are responsible for coordinating and leading activities for students ages 11-18 during evening and weekend hours for 40 hours per week from May to August. Reporting to the Head Boarding Advisor, you keep track of all activity logistics and work with Summer Activity Workers and Boarding Advisors to supervise students at all times during activities and events. In this position, you provide a safe, fun, educational, and inspiring summer program experience for all students.
Highlighted Duties Of The Role
- Plan and book activities, both internally and with third-party vendors.
- Manage and process activity fees and payments.
- Update student accounts to ensure proper permissions and waivers are in place.
- Keep track of all activity logistics and ensure everything is ready before the activity begins.
- Provide supervision to students during activities.
- Delegate tasks to Summer Activity Workers and ensure they are following proper procedures.
- Act as a role model for students.
- Support meaningful inclusion and active participation of all individuals within the community.
- Forward concerns raised by students and their parents/guardians to the Head Boarding Advisor, Student Care Counsellors, and Professional Division Principal as appropriate.
- Provide appropriate discipline to students.
- Respond to crisis situations and assist the Head Boarding Advisor, Student Care Counsellors, and Professional Division Principal with Crisis Response and Management.
- Actively participate in meetings as requested by Student Boarding and School leadership.
This position is based in a residence setting and involves travel to activities during every shift while supervising students. This position requires ongoing communication with internal and external stakeholders, flexibility with changing/shifting priorities, and timely decision making. The Summer Activity Leader must be ready to respond to a multitude of situations with varying degrees of concern. The Summer Activity Leader will utilize general office equipment as associated with this position as well as industrial cleaning supplies. They will also be required to lift/move heavy items weighing up to 22 KG (50lbs) such as furniture, luggage etc.
What You Bring
- Must meet the requirements for Canada Summer Jobs.
- Background in child and youth care, social work, psychology, education, education/teacher assisting, camp counselling, coaching, nursing, or a related field.
- Experience in event planning an asset.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma an asset.
- Experience working with children or young adults an asset.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification an asset.
- Familiarity with professional dance training an asset.
- Ability to speak and write French, Japanese and other languages an asset.
- Solid understanding of children’s welfare and development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative within the scope of responsibility.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and encourage students.
- Clear Child Abuse Registry Check and Criminal Background Check.
- Full proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
If you are qualified for this position, visit www.rwb.org/who-we-are/careers/ for application instructions. Candidates must submit a cover letter that showcases your personality and fit for the role, and resume. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Closing Date: May 25, 2022, by 4:00 pm
As part of the Royal Winnipeg Ballet hiring process, successful candidates will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and submit a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.