Website Royal Winnipeg Ballet
deadline: Open until Filled
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet teaches, creates and performs, enriching lives through the power of exceptional dance…become a part of that power…
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is seeking a part-time School Receptionist to join our team. Ideal candidates have superior customer service skills and thrive working in a fast-paced environment. Candidates have an interest in the arts, enjoy taking initiative, and have the ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders. With your excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and effective time management, you will thrive in this role.
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is committed to inclusive, and diversity based accessible employment practices. All employment practices and activities are conducted on a non-discriminatory, safe, and respectful basis. The RWB is committed to the enrichment and diversity of our community.
As the School Receptionist you provide front line reception support for the School Office. In this position, you deliver an exceptional customer service experience in person, via email, and over the phone, providing information concerning RWB School programs, classes and activities to parents and students. As the School Receptionist, you further provide administrative support for the student body, School Faculty, Principals, and Directors.
HIGHLIGHTED DUTIES OF THE ROLE
- Provide a superior customer service experience to internal and external customers.
- Support and assist with the daily operations of the School Office.
- Greet clients and visitors with a positive, friendly, and helpful attitude.
- Assist clients with in-person, telephone, and email inquiries; answering questions and routing inquiries as required.
- Assist with class registration, general selling and processing payments using the Tessitura database.
- Generate and distribute class lists and reports.
- Deliver outgoing communications such as class changes, rehearsal schedules, notices, and payment deadlines.
- Regularly update student files in hard copy and digital formats and ensure compliance with file security and privacy legislation.
- Submit purchase orders and ensure timely payment of all School vendors.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries.
- Coordinate meetings, book facilities, prepare meeting rooms, and organize catering.
- Coordinate administrative systems and processes ensuring consistent and accurate flow of information.
- Communicate concise and timely progress reports and project updates to the School Office Manager and the School Office team on a regular basis.
- Provide administrative support to School registrars for all RWB School programming.
- Forward concerns raised by students and parents to the School Director, the Principal, the School Office Manager, and the School Office team at large as appropriate and in a timely manner.
- Manage General School voicemail and email and follow up or re-direct as appropriate.
- Ensure that all communications, strategies, and actions support, protect, and nurture the brand of the RWB.
WHAT YOU BRING
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of customer service experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience handling cash, debit, etransfer, and credit transactions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Adobe.
- Working knowledge of Tessitura or a similar constituent-based database an asset.
- Ability to speak and write French and/or other languages an asset.
- Experience and/or interest in the arts and cultural sector an asset.
- First Aid Certificate an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Goal oriented with an aptitude for problem-solving.
- Ability to work under pressure, maintain confidentiality while demonstrating the highest level of professional conduct and discretion.
- Self-motivator, strong initiative, and the ability to work independently.
- Strong team member, productively engaging with others at varying levels of seniority internally and externally.
- Organized with effective time management skills, coupled with multi-tasking abilities.
If you are qualified for this position, visit www.rwb.org/who-we-are/careers/ for application instructions. Candidates must submit a cover letter that showcases your personality and fit for the role, and resume. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing date: Open Until Filled.
As part of the Royal Winnipeg Ballet hiring process, successful candidates will be required to submit a satisfactory Criminal Background check and Child Abuse Registry check.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.