Website Sunrise Performing Arts Centre of Excellence (the"SPACE")Inc
Deadline: Open until filled
Sunrise Performing Arts Centre of Excellence (the SPACE) Inc, is seeking an Executive Director for our non-profit Arts Organization in Oakbank, Manitoba.
If you’re passionate about the Arts and are driven by creativity and growth, then join us!
As the Executive Director you will be responsible for leading the organization toward the realization of its mission. You will be the face of the organization responsible for directing, managing, overseeing and implementing the overall vision.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) is responsible for implementing policies established by the Board of Directors, establishing major goals and objectives to achieve the SPACE’s mission and overall day-to-day operational responsibility for the Organization. The Executive Director represents the Organization to the community, donors, funders, supporters, and the public.
Duties and Responsibilities include but aren’t limited to
- Acts as the spokesperson for organization
- Executes board-approved policies
- Directs and oversees short and long- term strategic plans
- Attends board meetings and provides support to the Board of Directors
- Develops and implements operational plans, policies, and goals that further the mission of the organization
- Maintains official records and documents, and ensures compliance regulations
- Sees that the board is kept fully informed regarding the organization and environment
- Builds and maintains a culture which attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff committed to the mission
Working closely with the Financial Manager
- Ensure the financial goals are achieved and operating expenses are within budget
- Preparation of the annual budget to be presented to the Board of Directors
- Targets and develop grant proposals
- Lead, coach and develops the organization’s staff to create a well working team
- Ensures that job descriptions are current
- Conducts performance appraisals as required
- Formulates and implements corrective action as needed
- Ensure volunteers are engaged and recognized for their work
- Expands and maintains fundraising activities to support and grow existing programs
- With the Board of Directors manages fundraising campaigns and donor cultivation
- A degree in Non-profit Management, Recreation, Business, or related field with 5+ years of experience
- Is proficient at writing and editing grants and managing major funding campaigns
- Is organized and deadline oriented
- Excellent partnership skills and ability to work with private and public sectors
- Flexible and cooperative approach to problem-solving
- Understands the mission/vision of the organization and can relate it to others
- Maintains a positive attitude that encourages participation and enthusiasm
- Respects other people’s viewpoints and skills, good listening and communication skills, willingness to compromise and collaborate
- Values diversity and helps to create an organizational culture that appreciates and respects differences
- Displays integrity, self-confidence, persuasiveness, decisiveness, and creativity
- Other functions that may be required.
If interested, please submit your resume for review to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected to proceed in the selection process will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent, flexible in office hours
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.