Website The UPS Store #496 Downtown
Deadline: September 30, 2023
Graphic Designer & Printing Specialist Career Opportunity
The UPS Store #496 is a leading provider of Printing, Graphic Design, Shipping, and Business Services, serving both Commercial and Retail Clients in the Downtown and surrounding Community.
Our Commercial Printing Centre offers a variety of Printing, Graphic Design and Shipping Solutions to meet customers’ needs. We are a small team dedicated to delivering best-in-class customer service and being the best in every aspect of our business by promoting a culture of trust, teamwork, accountability, and open communication.
We are looking to add two individuals to our Team who have experience in Graphic Design, Printing, Sales, and Customer Service to fill the following roles:
- Graphic Designer & Printing Specialist (Full-Time – 40 hours/week)
- Graphic Designer & Printing Specialist (Casual/Part-Time – 15+/hours/week)
Our ideal candidate has a positive attitude and an outgoing personality, is passionate about delivering superior Customer Service, is a continuous learner, and is interested in establishing a long-term career with our Company where there is opportunity for growth.
The key responsibilities of these positions include:
- Taking action to learn all The UPS Store products and service offerings to offer expert advice and alternative solutions to customers.
- Possesses excellent Graphic Design and Printing skills to create Business Cards, Letterheads, Envelopes, Logos, Labels, Postcards, Flyers, Brochures, Invitations, and Calendars.
- Possess good knowledge of paper substrates.
- Some experience with Digital and Wide-Format Printers using Fiery Software to run Print production jobs.
- Able to carry out Document Assembly and Finishing Services, including Cutting, Scoring, Folding, Binding and Laminating.
- Provide timely responses to requests for Print Quotations and schedule Print jobs for Production that meet Customers’ expectations.
- Provide Shipping and Packing Services to Customers, offering them the best options through UPS, DHL, and Canpar.
- Able to use a Digital Camera and Photo Printer to produce Photos for various Government Identification, including Passport, Permanent Resident, Visa, and Citizenship.
Qualifications of the successful candidate will include:
- Post-secondary education in a Graphic Design and/or Print Technician Program as a
Graduate or current Student. High School Diploma required.
- Preferably some practical work experience gained in a Print Shop or Graphic Design Department.
- Must have excellent English speaking and writing skills.
- Excellent Customer Service and Selling Skills.
- Advanced creative computer skills using Adobe Products, including In-Design, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Advanced Computer competency with Microsoft software applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Fiery Print Software.
- Highly motivated, self-starter and Team Player who can work with a minimum amount of supervision.
- Good attention to detail with excellent editing skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to stand on your feet for extended periods of time and be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Flexible availability to work during our Weekday Business hours of Monday to Friday
from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm and Saturdays from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Must have a valid Open Work Permit.
- Preferably resides in the Downtown area to be able to walk, cycle or take public transit to
work. No Free Staff Parking is available.
- Starting Salary Range: $15.30/hour to $16.00/hour, depending on qualifications.
- Tentative Starting Date: As soon as possible.
We invite interested candidates to forward their Resume and Cover letter stating which position they are applying for and their salary expectations to the attention of the following:
Ted Sims, Owner
The UPS Store #496 Downtown
3 – 363 Broadway
Competition closes on Saturday, September 30, 2023. If you have a Portfolio On-Line, please include your Link. For more information about our Company, please visit our website at www.theupsstore.ca/496 and at www.ups.com .
We thank all Applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an Interview will be contacted. No telephone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.