Website Winnipeg Art Gallery
The Inuit Art Centre being built at the Winnipeg Art Gallery will change our Province. We know that as Manitoba and Canada search for meaningful reconciliation, the Inuit Art Centre is one path to cultural understanding. It will share art, history and culture between Canada’s North and South, and ensure Inuit feel inspired and empowered to share their art and culture with the world.
As the only Centre of its kind in the world, this is an important project for our Province. And we’re looking for the right person to join the team to help ensure the Centre becomes a reality.
Please apply if you:
- Believe in the power of art to inspire generations, and change and shape our world.
- Are passionate about providing donors the opportunity to invest in a game-changing project, at one of Manitoba’s leading arts institutions.
- Want to work in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment with hard-working, fun-loving colleagues.
This position is permanent, and will be incorporated into operations post-campaign.
In the role of Major Gift Officer, you will:
- Participate in the full scope of development activities – discovery, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors
- Build and manage a strong portfolio of prospects and donors capable of making gifts of $25,000 and above, with a focus on building sustainable long-term relationships
- Work closely with Campaign Director and Development Director to develop a successful major-gift program and implement strategic fundraising activities
- Support the work of the capital campaign cabinet and volunteers, as well as identify potential new volunteers with the capacity and influence to engage new donors
- Build relationships with donors that span campaign and operations
- Consistently track your relationship interactions through Raisers Edge to facilitate moves management
- A bachelor’s degree
- Minimum five years major-gift fundraising and/or business development experience, with a proven track record of negotiating and closing major gifts or securing business at the $25,000+ level
- Proven relationship management and project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to strengthen relationships with the community, staff and volunteers to establish a culture of philanthropy and encourage a co-operative approach to meeting major gift and campaign revenue goals
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications
- Advanced computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office software applications and client/donor relations management software, Raisers Edge preferred
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit in electronic format, a covering letter and their resume to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until April 4, 2018, or until a suitable candidate is found.
The Winnipeg Art Gallery embraces the principle of employment equity and encourages applications from Indigenous persons, women, persons with disabilities, and visible minorities.
The WAG thanks all those who apply, please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.