Manager of Finance and Administration
Contract Position: June 4, 2018 – July 13, 2018 (6 weeks)
Reporting to the Manager of Finance & Administration, the Guest Services Assistant will provide support to activities connected to guests, customers and volunteers through administration and customer service duties. The right person will gain experience working on the frontlines at our vibrant office in the historic Exchange District of Winnipeg and join an organization that is committed to the community.
Qualifications and Assets
- Organized, detail-orientated, with demonstrated attention to accuracy
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure and with a wide variety of colleagues, customers, suppliers, vendors and volunteers
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Excel is required, working knowledge of Filemaker, Microsoft Access and/or other databases an asset
- Demonstrated project management including ability to prioritize multiple tasks, deadlines and changing priorities
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently
- Mature, with sound judgment
- Positive attitude
- Knowledge of the Winnipeg Folk Festival
- Supporting the volunteer team by responding to inquiries from new and returning volunteers as well as assisting with data management for 3,000 volunteers
- Assisting in the smooth operation of administration and reception services by providing telephone and office reception services.
- Responding to general telephone and email inquiries
- Ordering and maintaining an inventory of office supplies
- Coordinating the Lost-and-Found following the Festival
- Administering background checks for volunteers
- Recording minutes for meetings
- Problem-solving as required
The hours of work are generally 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday, a 35-hour week with a one-hour unpaid lunch. During the weeks prior to and following the Festival, longer hours are required. During the Festival, the selected candidate must have the physical and mental capacity to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter with Guest Services Assistant in the subject line to resume@winnipegfolkFestival.ca by March 31, 2018.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.