Website The Women's Musical Club of Winnipeg
deadline: November 15, 2019 at 5:00pm
To provide career funding and performance opportunities to advanced young Manitoba musicians who are pursuing performance careers.
The funds available for the WMC McLellan Competition for Solo Performance with the Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra (the Competition) is interest accumulated from an investment at the Winnipeg Foundation. Awards are $20,000, disbursed amongst 3 finalists and presented following the Final Round Concert. In addition to the awards, the three Finalists will also have the opportunity to rehearse and perform with the WSO.
Applicants must meet all of the following eligibility requirements to apply for the Competition:
- Be a Manitoban. One who was raised/educated in Manitoba or has completed or is currently enrolled in a Degree Program (Undergraduate or Masters) in Manitoba. (Unique circumstances can be discussed.)
- Be a Canadian citizen or have documentation as to permanent resident status in Canada.
- Meet age requirements as of April 30th of the competition year as follows:
- Vocalists: 20 to 35 years
- Instrumentalists: 18 to 30 years
- Not have been a previous first-place winner of the WMC McLellan Competition. You may apply numerous times as long as age requirements are met.
- Previous 2nd and 3rd place finalists will not be able to compete in consecutive competitions. Applicants can reapply in four years time. (For example: a 2nd or 3rd place finalist in 2018 would be eligible to apply for the 2022 competition but not for the 2020 competition).
- Be performing at an advanced level.
- Be aiming toward a classical music performance career.
- Be available for the Semi-Final Round performance date of February 15, 2020 and the Final Round Concert date of April 15, 2020.
- Be prepared to provide for their own travel expenses, accommodation and accompanist expenses for the entire audition process.
To learn more or apply visit: http://womensmusicalclubofwpg.ca/wmc-mclellan-competition/
To apply for this job please visit womensmusicalclubofwpg.ca.