Website Art City
Deadline: September 24, 2023
Workshop Facilitator is an entry-level position with potential for growth within the organization. Workshop Facilitators lead workshops designed by the Artistic Director & Community Programs Manager, engaging program participants in art making. Workshops are held at Art City and various other partner sites around Winnipeg. Most shifts are in the evenings and typically range between 3-5 hours each.
Brief Job Description:
• Facilitate art programming in a wide array of mediums and scales
• Engage participants of all ages & abilities (majority 6-12 years old)
• Manage behaviour and resolve conflict as necessary
• Organize and maintain supplies
• Attend staff meetings when available
• Assist with special events when available
The ideal candidate is:
• A practicing artist, with experience in diverse mediums
• A positive role model for children and youth
• Experienced working with children and youth
• An excellent communicator
• Interested in approaching conflict in creative ways
• Excited to work in a dynamic and equitable team
• Open to contributing to the development of art programming
• Holding a valid driver’s license (mandatory due to the nature of the position)
Starting Wage: $21.30/hour
Hours: Casual employees start on an on-call basis. A flexible schedule is an asset. This position is deal for someone looking for supplementary income.
Art City is in service of youth from predominantly Indigenous and newcomer backgrounds. Artists and Knowledge Keepers that identify with these groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please send a cover letter & CV or resume to:
Josh Ruth, Managing Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.