Winnipeg Trails Association (WTA), in partnership with Winnipeg writer/editor Sharon Chisvin, is producing an anthology on the broad theme of freedom of movement. The anthology, Write to Move, welcomes submissions of fiction, creative non-fiction, essays and poetry that explore experiences and ideas about mobility, freedom, physical activity and physical limitations.
In other words, we are looking for written submissions about crossing streets and crossing borders, barricades and boundary lines, marathons and walkathons, wanderlust and wheelchair ramps, and rock climbing and social climbing.
We want to know – through your prose, your poetry or non-fiction – how you define freedom of movement. Why is it considered a basic human right? How is it enjoyed? And how is it suppressed?
- All submissions must be received by 11:59 PM December 1, 2019
- Emerging and established writers 16 years of age and older are eligible to submit
- There is no fee to submit
- Only one submission per person
- Individual writing pieces must not exceed 5,000 words
- Only original and unpublished submissions
- No simultaneous submissions
- Email submissions as .doc, .docx or PDF attachments, or pasted into the body of the email to email@example.com
- Write ‘Write to Move’ and the name of your piece in the subject line
- Include your name, email address, submission title, word count, the category to which you are submitting (fiction, non-fiction or poetry), and a 2-3 line biographical statement in the body of the email
- In lieu of payment, selected writers will receive two complimentary copies of the anthology.
- Authors of accepted submissions will be notified by February 1, 2020
The creation of Write to Move is a Winnipeg Arts Council WITH ART community public art program. Upon publication, the anthology will be incorporated into the City of Winnipeg’s Public Art Collection. If you are interested in supporting this project or any other Winnipeg Trails Association project or program, please contact WTA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.