Starting contract: $2500 incl. tax
Timeline: Approx. 15 hours /month (for 8 months with possibility of renewal)
Start date: as soon as possible
Young Lungs Dance Exchange an artist-led service organization committed to promoting and contributing to dance in Winnipeg. We’re looking for a Marketing and Communications coordinator to help us reach a broader network of dancers and artists extending the boundaries of dance. The ideal candidate will have an interest in dance, a strong independent work ethic, be familiar with volunteer boards and non-profit organizations, and be able to express a clear creative vision through marketing.
The organization facilitates a range of projects centered on dance creation and presentation, and on professional development opportunities for dance professionals. The organization’s activity caters to the needs of emerging and established creators & performers. It is through these activities that YLDE supports the growth of performers, choreographers, educators and the arts community at large.
YLDE is committed to nurturing the beginnings of the creative process when artists are most engaged in experimentation, research, building new ideas and discovering new collaborations. YLDE believes that physical expression is a political act, that dancers, makers, thinkers of dance are contributing to our physical understanding of ourselves and of the world around us, and that fostering the arts leads to a society with creative problem-solvers, a resource invaluable to humanity.
- Producing at least 4 newsletters
- Writing creative, attention-grabbing and effective web content and social media posts
- Proofread, coordinate translation, post, and schedule publishing of blog articles and social media content
- Update and maintain marketing resource materials
- Maintain an events calendar
- Assist Executive Director in finding contributors to write locally relevant dance content
- Liaise and collaborate with the Executive Director
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills (written, verbal, and visual)
- Strong project management skills, ability to handle projects end-to-end
- Must be highly adaptable and able to work in a team
- Must be willing to work occasional evenings to attend events
- Work is mostly from home, other options can be discussed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in marketing and communication
- Experience in WordPress, Twitter, Mailchimp, Facebook, Instagram
- Expertise in the areas of writing, photography, videography, video editing, graphic design, are strong assets
YLDE is an equal opportunity employer and strives for a fair, cooperative, respectful and safe environment that protects and promotes the human rights and affirms the dignity of all persons. YLDE is committed to the principle of equitable access to employment and welcomes applications from diverse backgrounds. We encourage you to self-identify in your cover letter.
If you are interested and qualified for this exciting opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume by August 30, 2018 to Leigh Anne Parry, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their expression of interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.