- This event has passed.
Banff Centre | Indigenous Leadership Webinar | What is Indigenous Evaluation?
December 10, 2020 at2:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree
This 2 hour introductory and interactive session will invite us to explore Indigenous Evaluation and consider how it supports the well-being to our communities. Participants will be guided by the wisdom of Marilyn Poitras, Kim van der Woerd, Sofia Vitalis, and Daryl Kootenay.
In this session we will center evaluation practice around Indigenous ways of knowing, being and doing.
The Zoom webinar will be a lecture and participatory designed session designed for you to learn from the faculty team as well as from others and to find a way to apply that knowledge to your everyday lives and situations.
We hope you will walk away from the session with a reframing of how you approach evaluation, and why our community stories and knowledge are fundamental and key for our wellbeing and self-determination.
Who should attend?
This information session will be beneficial to those who are interested in conducting evaluations, managing programs, and/or applying Wise Practices Leadership, including:
- Indigenous leaders, administrators, senior management, and those involved in program design and delivery
- Indigenous evaluation students
- First Nations, Inuit, and Métis regional or tribal evaluators
- Consultants who work closely with Indigenous nations and organizations
- Cultural organizations and non-profit leaders
- Government leaders
- Provincial and federal policy analysts and evaluators
Date: Thursday, December 10, 2020
Time: 2:00 PM MST
Learn more and register online for this FREE event: https://bit.ly/2KlE0AB