- This event has passed.
CNAL Conference 2019 – Creative Convergence Winnipeg
October 24 at8:00 am - October 26 at1:00 pm
Creative Convergence Winnipeg will demonstrate and celebrate the power of the arts to heal, to connect, to construct knowledge, to build bridges across boarders, to foster inclusion and to nurture reconciliation. Join us in Winnipeg from October 24 – 26, 2019 when The Canadian Network for Arts & Learning, along with key partners, will gather national and international experts and delegates in arts and culture, education, recreation, health, therapy, medicine, humanities and community to engage in meaningful dialogue and seek solutions to the issues facing our increasingly intolerant, uncaring and violent world.
This creative exchange will include streams of social justice and reconciliation, of health and well-being, of digital innovation and communication. Interweaving these streams and diverse perspectives, Creative Convergence Winnipeg will generate an inclusive, viable and sustinable vision for the future of the arts and learning sector together with a compelling call to action. Bring your thoughts, ideas and practices to the table.
The conference will explore the following themes
- The impact of social, political and economic disruption on arts and learning practice and programs – in schools, in communities, in professional arts organizations, in other sectors committed to and delivering arts and learning experiences
- The opportunities, challenges and possible pitfalls for arts and learning in a digital age
- The opportunities through which arts and learning can help build a more tolerant, safe and democratic society and promote reconciliation
- Opportunities through which arts and learning can promote mental and physical health and well-being
- The strategies that can be employed to ensure the survival of artistic learning in all contexts and sectors
Please check the event website for the full schedule and registration fees. Special early bird rate – 30% discount (book by September 9, 2019)
Registration for the regular rate begins on September 10, 2019