CraftED: DIGITAL CRAFT: 3D Printing for Mass Customization with Jason Hare
June 1 - June 8$90
Craft is a slow process that is best understood through participation. The Manitoba Craft Council has always aimed to promote and advocate for fine craft and its makers in Manitoba, and we are excited to be offering high quality, craft-based workshops to the public at C2 Centre for Craft.
This class is intended to give beginners and intermediate users a working knowledge of 3D modelling techniques, enabling them to use design software in their own work. Students will produce a minimum of three 3D printed objects in a range of scales and materials.
Workshop runs: June 1 & 8, 2019
1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Supplies: Participants are required to supply their own portable computer with the following:
- Microsoft Windows 7 or later or OSX |macOS 10.11 or later (4GB system RAM)
- Software. *A free trial version of the following is available:
- Rhino 3D https://www.rhino3d.com/download
- Additional open source/free modeling software will be discussed within this workshop.
- Upon special request, there will be 3 laptops available for use by individuals who are unable to provide their own. Please contact Jessica at email@example.com for laptop reservation. Laptop reservation is first-come, first-served.
Registration deadline: May 22, 2019