- This event has passed.
Manitoba Conservatory of Music and Arts: Irish Songs for Ukulele
March 14 at2:00 pm - 3:30 pm$25
This ukulele workshop is for beginner/intermediate players who have an interest in and/or love of Celtic music and want to add to their personal catalogue of songs. In this 90 minute workshop, you will learn:
• A brief history of Celtic/Irish music.
• Four (4) traditional songs, including ballad, waltz, jig, and folk style.
• How to choose an accompaniment style to best suit each song.
• Strum options: arpeggio, waltz (¾ time), backbeat, and others with variations in each style.
• Extras – tricks to make your accompaniment more interesting.
For more information and to register, go to https://mcma.ca/irish-songs-for-ukulele/