- This event has passed.
One-on-one Screenwriting with Linda Coffey
January 11 - January 22$20 – $100
This workshop will be split up into two parts — a 90-minute screenwriting lecture via Zoom on January 11th, 7:30PM, and a one-on-one session, where Linda will work collaboratively with the participants and provide feedback about the individual submitted narrative projects. In addition, the participants will receive valuable information on the current Canadian market place considerations. The instructor is open different genres and will review TV scripts, feature film scripts, web series and other market driven projects.
- This training is targeted for industry professionals that have experience in the professional media production industry.
- All genres are eligible. The instructor will review TV scripts, feature film scripts, web series and other market driven projects.
- No scripts longer than 120 pages.
- The participants must be based in Manitoba.
- Projects with or without equity investment and/or distribution commitments are eligible.
- A maximum of 2 screenwriters per project will be allowed to take part in the ZOOM session.
- The instructor will make final selections of the participants.
The deadline to apply with the required materials is January 4, 2021 but participants are advised to submit the required materials as soon as the course details have been posted. Please note the instructor will be selecting the participants and this course may fill up prior to the deadline date.
Do not submit the materials if you do not meet full eligibility requirements.
The instructor will assign an individual one-on-one time-slot
(a 60 minute session) sometime between January 11 – 22, 2021.
All materials should be submitted in one digital document labeled with their full name (in Word or PDF format) to: email@example.com
Once the instructor has accepted and approved your eligibility and admission into the course, you will be prompted to pay.
Participants must submit the following materials:
- A one-page cover letter with full contact information. This letter should detail the stage the script is currently in. Writers are to detail their perceived weakness on the project and how they can benefit from this lab.
- Short bio of work experience. (100 word maximum)
- A PDF version of your script with the participants name and contact details of screenwriters. Scripts must use of proper screenwriting formatting as provided in screenwriting software like Movie Magic Screenwriter, or Final Draft.
About the instructor:
Linda Coffey is one of the very few story editors in Canada to have worked successfully in every aspect of both film and television development and production. After working as consultant to the Faculty of Commerce at UBC, Linda spent eight years as an Executive Script Consultant in charge of western-based drama development for the CBC. Here she was responsible for the development and production of both series and movie projects.
NOTE: Once the instructor has accepted your materials and admission into the course, at that time we’ll contact you to let you know and you can pay/register for the 1-on-1 session upon acceptance into the course.