- This event has passed.
Projection Mapping Intensive
December 1, 2019 - December 3, 2019$275 – $300
Ready to take your video projection skills to the next level? Want to include video in your next performance? Just curious about the large world of video projection? Join Axis Z Media Arts for the QLab 4 & Projection Mapping Intensive!
Lead by Axis Z Media Arts members Laura Anzola and Matthew Waddell, the Projection Mapping with QLab Intensive is a hands-on introduction to the latest tools and techniques used to create stunning video projections for theatre, dance or multimedia exhibition.
The intensive is intended for students, technicians, designers, artists, and educators with little to novice experience with multimedia design or digital tools.
This 16-hour intensive will cover:
- Working with digital content – how to manage your files and work efficiently
- Basic concepts of video – how to get the best-looking content and prepare it for live projection
- Qlab for video playback – building cues, layering video and effects
- Projection mapping with Qlab – getting your content into the real world
- Live camera integration – easily incorporate a live video feed into your projections
- Basics of projector technology- what to consider when using a projector
Dec 1 – 10am- 6pm (1-hour lunch)
Dec 2: 5pm-9pm (15 min break)
Dec 3: 5pm-9pm (15 min break)
Total – 16 hrs
Location: Video Pool Media Arts Centre’s 3rd floor studio in the Artspace Building
Cost: Early Bird $275.00 After Nov.15 $300.00