- This event has passed.
RBC $10,000 Emerging Filmmaker Pitch Competition
The RBC Emerging Artists Project helps artists bridge the gap from emerging to established, and supports organisations that provide the best opportunity to advance their career trajectory. RBC supports arts organisations and artists in a range of genres including visual art, music, theatre, performance, literature and film.
Gimli Film Festival is the largest film festival in Manitoba. Over the past 21 years, our audience, sponsors and partners have supported and shaped the festival into what it is today. We showcase fiction feature films, documentaries and short films from Manitoba, Canada and the world.
The RBC® Emerging Filmmaker Pitch Competition is open to anyone who has:
- Less than three years experience in filmmaking.
- Some completed basic training – can be formal (university or college studies) or informal (production courses, workshops, hands-on experience in media arts production) etc.
- At least one completed independent film or video work that has been presented in a professional or film industry-related context.
If you qualify, GFF will give you an opportunity to pitch your project to a panel of professionals in front of a live audience during this year’s Festival. We would like you to be able to describe your story idea, justify your budget, describe your ideal cast and crew and talk about your overall vision for the project.
In 2021, the winner(s) will receive:
- $10,000* to make your film courtesy of RBC;
- $5,000 William F. White’s Equipment Rental Grant Certificate;
- Mentorship from the National Screen Institute – Canada
- Premiere screening of your film at the 2022 Gimli Film Festival
*Over the next year, the $10,000 will be released in four installments:
- $2,500 on approval of a final script
- $2,500 on first day of principal photography
- $2,500 on completion of photography
- $2,500 on delivery of finished project