- This event has passed.
Website Accessibility Workshop
November 30, 2020 - December 1, 2020$129
Accessible websites are very important and likely required under the Accessibility for Manitobans Act (AMA). Lisa Snider and her 20+ years of experience, are here to help.
November 30th and December 1st, 9:30-12:00pm CST
The focus of these two half-day workshops will be to introduce attendees to website
accessibility best practices, so that they can start to make their websites more
accessible to people with different disabilities.
What You Will Learn:
- What kinds of software, hardware, and apps people may use to access your website.
- The basics of the WCAG 2.1 (2.2 Draft) standard, and how we need to go further than this standard.
- Major accessibility concepts that can be applied to websites.
- Practical tips, and some tools, to help start making your websites more accessible.
- Hands-on exercises to practice some of the tips, so you can apply your knowledge right away to your websites.
Lisa Snider has over 20 years’ experience working with digital accessibility in different settings and contexts, as a web developer, librarian, archivist and as an accessibility consultant. She has provided services for North American institutions and businesses, including the Canadian Museum for Human Rights, the Government of Manitoba and the University of Manitoba.
As the workshop gets closer and closer, we will tell you more about this incredible presenter and resource for all things web accessibility.