Deadline Extended: January 21, 2022 at 5pm
The purpose of the Creative Manitoba Administrative Coordinator position is to manage operational and administration functions for Creative Manitoba and the 245 McDermot shared space. Areas of responsibility include: first point of contact with members and clients, class and board room rentals, management of office supply inventories, general facility maintenance, updating website content and assisting with First Friday, Fringe venue and other events. This position may also include some evening and weekend work.
Creative Manitoba is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from equity-seeking individuals.
Primary Facility Responsibilities
- Manage front desk reception Tuesday to Friday, duties include phones, email inquiries, receiving deliveries and suppliers
- Manage rentals of offices, class and board rooms – including contracting and managing rental logistics and customer service
- Event set-up, clean-up, signage, etc
- Attend and open / lock up for occasional evening and weekend event rentals.
- Venue management for First Friday, Fringe and other events
- General maintenance of printer and other office equipment
- Manage office and building supply inventories and purchasing, service providers – cleaning, compost, alarm, etc
- General facility maintenance: towels, tissue etc in washrooms, COVID sanitization, keys, light bulb replacement, schedule repairs and contractors as required
- Daily website updates – member events, news, calls for submission, and career opportunities
Working Conditions and Environment
- 30 hours per week (weekend and evening work may be required)
- Creative Manitoba will provide opportunity for educational opportunity on an ongoing basis. Employee development will be discretionary and based on the Creative Manitoba Human Resource policy.
- Significant components of this position are self-directed
- Creative Manitoba staff works in a collaborative manner in a casual, respectful and professional environment. We value our job descriptions but they do not prevent us from pitching in when something needs doing.
- It is our intent that Creative Manitoba programs and events foster a supportive, non-threatening environment for all people regardless of age, ancestry, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, mental or physical disability, religious beliefs or sexual orientation. Everyone has the right to feel included, safe, and supported.
- Creative Manitoba has a zero-tolerance policy for racism, ageism, sexism, homophobia, queerphobia, transphobia, ableism, classism, sizeism, cultural appropriation or any other behaviours, language, or microaggressions that may perpetuate oppression.
- For Creative Manitoba’s full Safer Spaces policy, visit: https://creativemanitoba.ca/about/our-policies/
- To read Creative Manitoba’s Values, please visit: https://creativemanitoba.ca/about/about-us/
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to thrive in an open concept / collaborative environment
- Experience in facility management / office administration
- Time management skills and a demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize a varied workload
- Computer literate – ability to work in Microsoft and Google and WordPress environments
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of Manitoba’s arts and creative sector
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Terms of Employment
This is a 12 month full-time contract (30 hours per week). Compensation commensurate with experience and based at $15 to $17 per hour. An Extended Health and Dental Benefit Plan is available.
This position is based in the Creative Manitoba office and does require interaction with other staff, facility renters and the general public. Voluntary Declaration of COVID-19 vaccination status or proof of medical exemption from taking COVID-19 vaccination in line with the Manitoba Public Health Guidelines is required for employment. If there is no proof of COVID-19 vaccination, a daily COVID-19 rapid antigen-negative test will be required for office access.
Please submit a resume with 3 references and a cover letter to the Executive Director, Creative Manitoba via email – email@example.com .
Application Deadline Extended to: January 21, 2022.
We thank all those who apply but will only contact those candidates selected for interview.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.