300-245 McDermot Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3B 0S6
Third floor: Creative Manitoba offices, private offices, hot desks and coworking spaces.
Fourth floor: Creative Manitoba classrooms, the sacred circle and private offices.
Ways to access our space:
- Main entrance: Located at the intersection of McDermot Ave and Arthur St up several flights of stairs.
- Side entrance: Located on Arthur St through a glass door then up eight steps to use the elevator.
- Accessible entrance: Located around the corner from the Arthur St entrance, at the back lane of Arthur St. Through the steel door, take the lift to bypass the eight steps, then take the elevator.
Please note, this door is always locked and unfortunately is not a power door. To have this door unlocked and/or to receive assistance during office hours, call 204-927-2787. (If you are attending an event outside of office hours, please make arrangements in advance.)
Our bathrooms are single-stall, gender-neutral, and accessible, although they do not have power doors.
Creative Manitoba is a scent-reduced environment.
The Exchange District has a multitude of surface lots and parkades within a block radius of our building. The cost is usually $10-12/day.
Street parking is available. On weekdays it carries a two hour limit. On Saturdays the first two hours are free. On Sundays, holidays, and evenings, it is free without a time limit.
Check out the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ website for more information about parking, public transit, maps and active transportation.
In 1893, this two-storey structure, designed by Hugh McCowan, was built by local builder D. D. Wood on the north side of McDermot Avenue for the printing and publishing firm of Stovel Company, run by brothers John Stovel, Augustus B. Stovel, and Chester D. Stovel. By 1900, the firm had outgrown its space so an additional two floors were added, again designed by McCowan. The building also housed the editorial office of Der Nordwesten, a German-language weekly newspaper, and other businesses. In mid-1916, a fire gutted the building and the Stovels rebuilt but did not reoccupy the block, instead moved to space elsewhere. The property was sold in 1940 to Kay’s Limited, a dry goods firm. The building is a municipally-designated historic site.