Website Oseredok Ukrainian Cultural and Educational Centre
Job Type: Full-time (Monday-Friday)
Deadline for application: Monday, January 8, 2023, 4:30 pm.
To apply: Email a cover letter, resume and letter of reference to email@example.com
Fund Development Officer
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Fund Development Officer is responsible for the overall success of Oseredok’s fund development program.
Working in collaboration with the Executive Director, the Donor Relations and Community Outreach Officer and other staff and volunteers, the Fund Development Officer will work to maximize philanthropic revenue, thus helping to ensure long-term financial support for Oseredok. Duties include grant writing, and, Fundraising Event Planning & Logistics, Fundraising Event Committee Liaison, together with the Donor Relations and Community Outreach Officer, research and execution of mailed and electronic appeals. This role will contribute towards the plan and execution of Oseredok’s overall fundraising strategy.
- Identify, execute, and follow up on grant opportunities—this requires collaboration with a variety of Oseredok staff for certain project-based grants
- Lead the development and implementation of sponsorship/corporate giving identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies
- Work collaboratively with the Donor Relations and Community Outreach Officer to recruit sponsors (financial & gift-in-kind) for events and other initiatives
- Enter applicable data into Donor Perfect
- Ensure all grant and sponsorship requirements are being met—liaise with other Oseredok staff to create appropriate marketing and promotional material that adheres to requirements
- Direct and administer all aspects of event planning and other fundraising initiatives
- Plan and implement a follow-up strategy to events
- Maintain accurate accounting of all grant income and its sources, interface with the finance resource to fulfill information requests and maintain reporting accuracy.
- Other duties as assigned
- Some evening and weekend work may be necessary
- Three years of work experience in a related role, with demonstrated experience in fund development and grant writing
- Related post-secondary degree or certificate program—Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) designation an asset
- Proven success in building and maintaining positive relations with a variety of stakeholders, peers and volunteers
- Very strong writing skills– analytical ability and attention to detail are important
- A curious and creative personality with an eagerness to learn and the ability to translate those skills into research and writing ability
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- The ability to manage multiple projects, stay on schedule and meet deadlines with the ability to adjust to changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information appropriately and with discretion
- The ability to problem-solve, innovate–be creative with a willingness to learn
- Appreciation and understanding of AFP Code of Ethics, Policies and Procedures and the ability to adhere to Oseredok’s policies and procedures
- Pre-existing knowledge of Ukrainian culture and/or language is not required but an asset.
Oseredok Ukrainian Cultural and Educational Centre is a public heritage institution with a mandate to preserve and share Ukrainian heritage in Canada. It collects, cares for, documents and interprets material related to the intellectual and cultural life of the Ukrainian community. These include, among others, objects of material culture, folk art, fine art, ethnology, and community history. The Centre shares its collections with the public through a public program of exhibitions, guided tours and affiliated activities, workshops, courses, public lectures and special events. It also provides access to its holdings for researchers and provides reference services to the public.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.