Website Royal Winnipeg Ballet
Deadline: November 30, 2022
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet teaches, creates and performs, enriching lives through the power of exceptional dance…become a part of that power…
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is seeking a full-time Marketing and Communications Coordinator to join our team. This exciting opportunity is ideal for first-time or entry-level Marketing and Communications professionals who are keen to organize, execute, monitor, and measure efforts under the direction of the Public Relations & Communications Specialist. Ideal candidates are skilled writers, possess website management skills, and have a flair for public relations. Team players who are energetic, detailed-driven, creative, and self-motivated are encouraged to apply.
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is committed to an inclusive and diverse environment that values, respects and supports all individuals. We aim to have a workforce representative of the diversity within our community and welcome and encourage applicants from various backgrounds, including women, Indigenous people, racialized people, disabled people, people of all sexual and gender identities and others who may contribute to further diversification endeavors.
As the Marketing and Communications Coordinator, you provide support in organizing, executing, monitoring, and measuring the marketing and communications efforts of the Royal Winnipeg Ballet. In this role, you work closely with the Marketing Team, requiring excellent writing skills and are involved with social media, website management, and public relations.
Highlighted Duties Of The Role
- Support the research writing, editing, proofing, and updating of a wide variety of internal and external communications.
- Assist in developing marketing and sales collateral for campaigns, programs, and events that align with brand standards.
- Assist with publicity activities for events and programs, including media calls and community outreach.
- Coordinate off-site displays; liaise with locations, Wardrobe, and Production staff and manage setup and tear down.
- Research, create and update media lists and other records; review and ensure the quality of marketing distribution lists.
- Utilize media monitoring service; track hits and analytics to create timely reports.
- Execute a variety of platforms, including WordFly/Mailchimp.
- Maintain an organized and up-to-date archive of all marketing materials and media articles.
- Work with the Marketing Team to develop public relations and communications standards for all platforms.
- Assist and coordinate publicity activities for Winnipeg shows, programs, and touring performances; develop summary reports for shows.
- Analyze and report metrics, make recommendations, and take corrective action as needed.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator works with standard office equipment and may stand for periods of time while at events and sits for long periods performing computer duties. Success in this position requires excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, flexibility with changing/shifting priorities and teamwork and a collaborative mindset. Flexibility to work outside of regular office hours, including evenings and weekends, with casual access to a vehicle required.
WHAT YOU BRING
- A degree or diploma in Communications, Marketing, or a related field; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum 2 (two) years experience in marketing and communications.
- Proficiency with Office 365, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and activities with tight deadlines requiring proactive attention to detail while maintaining high standards of quality.
- Experience working in arts and culture is an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an emphasis on writing for the web and social media.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Organized with effective time management skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills with a joint effort approach to teamwork.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
If you are qualified for this position, visit HERE! for application instructions. Candidates must submit a cover letter that showcases your personality and fit for the role, resume, and a concise portfolio of your work that includes a minimum of two writing samples.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is committed to providing accessible employment while ensuring our recruitment process is barrier-free. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates participating in all aspects of the assessment and selection process. Requests for accommodation can be sent to email@example.com.
Closing Date: November 30, 2022, 4:00 pm
As part of the Royal Winnipeg Ballet hiring process, successful candidates will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and submit a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.